lolalollypop
raverhayley
Holsten
niff
Nosipho
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good price for a blue female? Empty Good price for a blue female?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 04:03

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1033373684/95accdb5.html

Asking for a mate who wants to contact the breeder in the future.

Back to top Go down

Good price for a blue female? Empty Re: Good price for a blue female?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:54

good price but wouldnt use preloved as there to many scams on there

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Jan 24 2011, 10:43

Well if your friend wants to contact breeder in the future I shouldnt say it will make much difference. I think the price reflects that this is the last puppy in the litter, Im sure future litters will be priced higher.
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 10:47

Yes, I agree with nosipho.

Also, it says 4 weeks free insurance, when actually the Kennel Club offers 6 weeks free insurance to the new owners! At least, I'm pretty sure they do.

Please do take care with 'preloved' there really are a lot of scams on there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 13:24

ye caryll you do get 6weeks with the kc

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Mon Jan 24 2011, 13:50

the kennel club offer 4 weeks free insurance , i know is ive just sold a litter of 8

as for a good price for a blue bitch or any other colour , maximum i feel should be £600 kc reg vaccinated , dna tested , a fair price is £400

i really dont understand the price of blue's , there staffys like any other colour , and every other staffy you see is a blue .
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:00

i would have to disagree with you there a touch niff blues arnt just the same as other staffs there far more over breed and it very hard to find a good example.
did any family members take any ov the pupps m8

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsten Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:02

I'd do your homework before purchasing on there ,as the others said alot of scammers on there ,as for the price of blues ,you see them as high as a £1000 for a puppy ,i think this shows who the breeders for money are personally ,absolute joke !!!
Holsten
Holsten
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Holsten and Jaydee
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:03

Holsten wrote:I'd do your homework before purchasing on there ,as the others said alot of scammers on there ,as for the price of blues ,you see them as high as a £1000 for a puppy ,i think this shows who the breeders for money are personally ,absolute joke !!!
on the button some are even 1200 for a bitch which is a joke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:10

yea agree wazza, its such a same as well, ive said it before and ill say it again memphis is a lovely looking dog with a lovely pedigree but the thing that makes him different from sooooo many other blues is that he would look good brindle, pied, red even bl**dy purple lol.
I like niff really dont see the WHY people are so obsesed with blue pups atm....they are a diluted colour after all, normally with bad pigmantation?! £1200!! Its ridiclus like niff said no matter what the colour i wouldnt pay anymore than £600 tops for a paperd tested pup, niff sold his papered pups for £400 i think?! Which i thought was admarable (spelling)
x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:16

if i was lookin for a pup at the time niff had his brode up i would have had one in a heart beat it was very apparant it wernt a money thing with niff just wish there were more like him

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:27

bigwazza wrote:i would have to disagree with you there a touch niff blues arnt just the same as other staffs there far more over breed and it very hard to find a good example.
did any family members take any ov the pupps m8

personally i dont feel anybody can justify £800 -£1000 for a staffy because its blue , but ..... there are hundreds of people willing to pay it so , supply and demand , each to their own , i think blue's are lovely , thought about buying a white and blue pie's dog when i had my litter here still , but wasn,t willing to pay £750 for it

no none of my family have any of the pups m8
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:39

so are you going to see any ov them growing or is there no chance ov that

i bet a blue pied looks lovely but as you say 750 alot to pay been there with memphis 750 wont be doin that again il be lookin for a red when memp is about two and will only pay 400/450 tops fully tested and papers

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:44

yeh m8 , one lives next door , and the rest email and phone pretty regular , open invitations to visit whenever im in their area , though the pup that went to aberdeen i doubt i'll see other than in pictures the rest are no more than an hour away ,

the pied dog i looked at was beautiful , was white with couple big blue patches on his back and two blue eye patches , very striking , the breeder wanted one of my pups but got snowed in twice and missed out lol
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 14:57

ooow i bet you were gutted and good that you get a chance to see at least one pup growing and most the others not being to far.
has dekota gettin her shape back yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 15:18

niff wrote:the kennel club offer 4 weeks free insurance , i know is ive just sold a litter of 8

Thanks niff! I know they used to offer 6 weeks, but that was some time ago & I wondered if it had changed. Anyway, it isn't exactly a selling point, because the breeder's paying nothing for it anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Mon Jan 24 2011, 16:40

yeh she's getting there now , bit thin on the hair at some points though but getting there ,

yeh diff now aswell caryll , breeder goes online and activates the insurance before the new owner leaves with the pup .
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 16:55

My mate he lives really close to the breeder according to his location. he has the money for a pup now he wanted to do a deal with the breeder to pay for the pup and have one in a years time, I told him just to keep the money aside but he would only spend it and he wants his money out of his hands, I'v told him there are many scams on that site but he lives so close he doesn't think it would be a problem. he already has a female blue showing and a male blue/black brindle so now he wants another pup, he's retiring his female and bought a place in the country but he's not going to be settled and have time for a pup for atleast 6-8 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 16:58

MissRogue wrote:My mate he lives really close to the breeder according to his location. he has the money for a pup now he wanted to do a deal with the breeder to pay for the pup and have one in a years time, I told him just to keep the money aside but he would only spend it and he wants his money out of his hands, I'v told him there are many scams on that site but he lives so close he doesn't think it would be a problem. he already has a female blue showing and a male blue/black brindle so now he wants another pup, he's retiring his female and bought a place in the country but he's not going to be settled and have time for a pup for atleast 6-8 months.

is your mate going to show the new pup when it grows up

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Jan 24 2011, 17:29

i was really lucky i got my Bruiser for free after my best friends bitch had a litter i got 2nd pick of the litter aswell...............looks like i was lucky concidering what some people are charging for a Staff pup these days
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Mon Jan 24 2011, 17:41

raverhayley wrote:i was really lucky i got my Bruiser for free after my best friends bitch had a litter i got 2nd pick of the litter aswell...............looks like i was lucky concidering what some people are charging for a Staff pup these days

think i was lucky too had no intentions of buying another dog but with chloe going to rainbow bridge and our friend having one pup left i paid £200 .shes only a red and she isnt kc but had both jabs full health check and we know the owners of the mum and dad and read both there papers..... i say i had no intentions of another dog but best thing i ever did couldnt be without my little turbocharged wirlwind now. wasnt at all bothered about the no paper thing as have no intentions of showing or breading.
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Good price for a blue female? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 18:09

bigwazza wrote:
MissRogue wrote:My mate he lives really close to the breeder according to his location. he has the money for a pup now he wanted to do a deal with the breeder to pay for the pup and have one in a years time, I told him just to keep the money aside but he would only spend it and he wants his money out of his hands, I'v told him there are many scams on that site but he lives so close he doesn't think it would be a problem. he already has a female blue showing and a male blue/black brindle so now he wants another pup, he's retiring his female and bought a place in the country but he's not going to be settled and have time for a pup for atleast 6-8 months.

is your mate going to show the new pup when it grows up

If he does it wont be until the pup is about 18 months, but he told me he got sick of showing his other female sure she got a few blue's and he's been asked back as a guest judge because he has always done showing and breeding (not of staff's). but the last few years especially with this female she has come second to mutt's as he would put it, the staff's shown there are not pures they'v been improved and the judges are not as strict a they used to be and he is sick of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Mon Jan 24 2011, 19:53

as far as i can suss out , showing is more about who you know rather than how true to breed standard your dog might be , they know who is winning before the dogs are in the ring
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fireball Mon Jan 24 2011, 20:25

there`s not too many blue staffs in the belfast area...about 8 months ago a breeder in south belfast was selling the last of a blue litter for £800.
fireball
fireball
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 21:10

MissRogue wrote: the staff's shown there are not pures they'v been improved and the judges are not as strict a they used to be and he is sick of it.

I don't quite know what you mean by that. All staffs shown under KC regulations are pure bred staffs. Sure, they've been 'improved', but that's the same with any breed. Does he mean that he wants the 'fighting' style dog that some people are trying to breed now? If he does, then he'll probably be buying a non-registered dog that he couldn't show anyway! Even if it's registered, it won't win because it won't fit the breed standard.

Yes, there are politics involved with some showing, but not all judges are bent - there are an awful lot out there who judge the dog in front of them against the other dogs in the ring, and take no notice of the human at the other end of the lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by billyboy1 Mon Jan 24 2011, 21:14

i paid 550 for billyand the only reason i wanted a blue is because ive had black , brindle and pure white over the lasst 27 years and the women i got bill from was not greedy and shows at crufts and also bred the famous silver zella who was bills dad
billyboy1
billyboy1
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : billy

Back to top Go down

Post by billyboy1 Mon Jan 24 2011, 21:17

Re: Good price for a blue female?
by niff Today at 19:53

.as far as i can suss out , showing is more about who you know rather than how true to breed standard your dog might be , they know who is winning before th
e dogs are in the ring . agree seen this happen as well but this goes on in all industries
billyboy1
billyboy1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : billy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 21:27

Very often the people who shout about the placings being 'fixed' are just annoyed about not winning themselves.

I showed Bandit fairly extensively until he was nearly 2 years old & only came across 1 judge who I thought was either bent or incompetent. I never showed under that judge again. The people who moan, know which judges are like this, and yet they still show under them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 21:32

Caryll wrote:
MissRogue wrote: the staff's shown there are not pures they'v been improved and the judges are not as strict a they used to be and he is sick of it.

I don't quite know what you mean by that. All staffs shown under KC regulations are pure bred staffs. Sure, they've been 'improved', but that's the same with any breed. Does he mean that he wants the 'fighting' style dog that some people are trying to breed now? If he does, then he'll probably be buying a non-registered dog that he couldn't show anyway! Even if it's registered, it won't win because it won't fit the breed standard.

Yes, there are politics involved with some showing, but not all judges are bent - there are an awful lot out there who judge the dog in front of them against the other dogs in the ring, and take no notice of the human at the other end of the lead.

They are pure breeds but they look nothing like the original staffies which is what he fell inlove with none of this longer body, longer limbs, longer necks i doubt i got this right but he doesn't like the improved staff. he never used to like the blue's either because of their size and shape their taller, their ears larger lol he is really OCD.

he knows not all judges are bent and thats not what i said i just said they are not as strict as they used to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 21:35

I know what you mean, but he should have a look at dogs like Gentleman Jim - he was quite a long legged staff with a medium head. I think he was around 14 or 15", but stocky. I agree, though, that some staffs are too long in body, but that's mainly because their legs are too short!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 24 2011, 23:20

niff wrote:as far as i can suss out , showing is more about who you know rather than how true to breed standard your dog might be , they know who is winning before the dogs are in the ring
Thats usually due to the fact that they know who is entered and anyone of the people there can pick out the best dog. As in anything cheating does go on not disputing that but people who enter and dont win have to look at there dog and its faults (they all have them)
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 24 2011, 23:25

Caryll wrote:Very often the people who shout about the placings being 'fixed' are just annoyed about not winning themselves.

I showed Bandit fairly extensively until he was nearly 2 years old & only came across 1 judge who I thought was either bent or incompetent. I never showed under that judge again. The people who moan, know which judges are like this, and yet they still show under them.
Aggree with you caryll we all think our dogs are the best but its not just how they look its movement,balance,fitness,conformation and definatly not colour ~angry
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 23:30

If you're going to show, you must first look critically & honestly at your own dog & compare him/her to the breed standard. When you're in the show ring, you should look critically & honestly at the the other dogs - if you're totally honest, you'll probably see points in other dogs that are better than yours & points that are worse. It just depends what emphasis a judge places on the faults/virtues as to which one wins.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 24 2011, 23:37

Caryll wrote:

Aggree and because we are civilised we dont want to encourage the old style, the breed standard that we use was written by joe mallen and co :-$
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 24 2011, 23:44

Caryll wrote:If you're going to show, you must first look critically & honestly at your own dog & compare him/her to the breed standard. When you're in the show ring, you should look critically & honestly at the the other dogs - if you're totally honest, you'll probably see points in other dogs that are better than yours & points that are worse. It just depends what emphasis a judge places on the faults/virtues as to which one wins.
yes exactly but some choose to critisize others but not there own then say its fixed and this spoils it for the winning dogs.
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Mon Jan 24 2011, 23:56

I might get shouted down here but - you pay for what you want. You might pay over the odds for something that other people would never dream of paying for.

Here in Northumberland there are a lot of Gypsies. They pay vast amounts for heavy piebald/skewbald or coloured (3 colours) horses with feather (hoof hair). These horses go for thousands of pounds. Yet, non-gypsey horsey types whould pay only a few hundred, if that for them.

It's the same with dogs. Buster cost £80 at the dog shelter. Best £80 I ever spent and he is worth more to me than any KC registered best of show there ever was.

There are always people who will pay over the odds for something that they want. I bet everyone on this forum has one thing they would love to own and would pay a lot for it (I want a massive Victorian Whitby Jet necklace.) For me personally though, if I was to start out from scratch and had to choose between the gorgeous staffy cross in the rehoming kennels, or the potential award winning pup up for sale for an unbelievable amount -I know where I would go.

However, everybody is different. I am willing to pay up to £3,000 for the right Whitby Jet necklace when I find it. If somebody wants to pay over the odds for a dog, I would support their choice. You only have one life (but see my post in 'Past Life Regression' - lol) so live it the way you want to live it.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 25 2011, 00:09

Nice post Whmom, Its all a matter of preference and I would have know idea the price of a pedegree/kc dog. Mines priceless and was cheap Big Grin and I'm sure as is everyones Smile (priceless I mean)
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 00:56

His female lost to this stunning male a few years back and he admitted defeat because this male truely was a stunner, and deserved to win and he did notice that but losing to a stunner then losing to a not so stunning, David was always good at seperating his feelings around the ring to pick out faults of his and others but the one who his girl lost too really wasn't the best one there he'd already picked the best one and it wasn't his girl either but a young female and he was dying to make an insane offer on one of her pups if the owner was to breed and he was going to offer more than an insane offer if she let him chose a good stud lol he paid thousands for his dog de bordeaux (maximus had to be put to sleep though cancer) and his dogo argentino Lily still a gorgeous 5 year old pup lol.
He worships the ground Gentleman Jim walked on and those are the Staffies he likes. I'll have to tell him to join this forum rather than me get things wrong, i'm no good at the competition end of dogs lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 25 2011, 01:16

I agree with your posts entirely its not about how much you pay for your dogs its what they mean to you and I didnt pay very much for mine either if you choose to rescue, buy, its your choice.
The thing that annoys is the gullability of some that will pay silly amounts of money and expect that dog to be top class and when the dogs not winning slate the dogs that are and spoil it for them its not fair Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 01:30

gem wrote:I agree with your posts entirely its not about how much you pay for your dogs its what they mean to you and I didnt pay very much for mine either if you choose to rescue, buy, its your choice.
The thing that annoys is the gullability of some that will pay silly amounts of money and expect that dog to be top class and when the dogs not winning slate the dogs that are and spoil it for them its not fair Smile

Thats the thing its not about the price with him he just loves stunning dogs and he can appreciate one when he see's one he never entered his dogo or dog de bordeaux in competitions and he paid top price for both lol he is a bit of a plonk when it comes to dishing out his money i bet he could find one for cheaper and just as good. his dogs are his life he's moving to country side because his old boy sid (mastiff) got a fear of loud noises ever since he got hit in the head by a van after escaping the vets and living almost in the center of london it was simply too heptic there.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 25 2011, 01:59

No disrespect to the puppy advertised but I very much doubt its going to be show quality when matured from the photo in the advert.
Thats were I was coming from and im not into showing (my dogs are pets to me you ) can pay £80 and get a good example you can pay £2000 and get a bad example
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 02:11

he pretty much wanted to know if he was being ripped off or not he didnot buy his female blue you see she was a gift and when he has researched the that colour so many different price, honest and dishonest people turned up so i told him about this place and said i'd ask if any blue owners here would of paid that price or will.

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Tue Jan 25 2011, 08:08

dog shows sound just like the horse shows we go too.we dont enter milly because i dont think she would win anyting but mainly cus she takes 3 hours to load in her box lol.but our sister enters her cob (working class horse wth lots of feather) and some weeks wins nothing some weeks wins loads.weve reallised wich judge likes her wich judges dont so try to aviod them. i know it not inkeeping with the topic just wanted to say shows are realy clicky and fickle watever animal you are showing
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Good price for a blue female? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 10:25

MissRogue, nobody doubts your mate's desire to get whatever dog he wants, and it's totally up to him what he pays!

I would say, though, if you're going to pay a lot of money for a dog, you also need to know that you will get a healthy dog that is typical of the breed. I would not, personally, buy a dog from the pre-loved site. I generally don't trust the people who advertise there (I know I'm tarring them all with the same brush, but it's impossible to seperate the good from the bad with just an advert). The pup advertised does not (at the moment) look a 'good' example of a stafford, although it's difficult to judge from a photo.

By the way, it's nice of you to try & help him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Jan 25 2011, 11:27

If your friend wants a dog to showand doesn't want it yet anyway then why doesn't he go to a breeder that breeds the type of dog he likes and get on the waiting list for a puppy?

Also if he was going to show the puppy he would want to start campigning it from 6 months old, i think 18months is a bit late for a dog to start its showring career. Some AMAZING dogs get away with it cuz they are so good but you want to start em young so you can gain points!

And how many dogs has your friend god? House must be hectic!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Tue Jan 25 2011, 15:45

wouldn't be able to enter a dogo argentino in comps in uk , banned breed lol
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 16:06

From advice here he wont be purchasing from the site.
I thought Dogo argentino was only on the dangerous list, how sligh is he unless he doesn't know, unless he does know and yet another reason to be moving to the country, my nieghbour oposite me has a female dogo and intack boxer male.
He has 5 dog btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Jan 25 2011, 16:45

MissRogue wrote:From advice here he wont be purchasing from the site.
I thought Dogo argentino was only on the dangerous list, how sligh is he unless he doesn't know, unless he does know and yet another reason to be moving to the country, my nieghbour oposite me has a female dogo and intack boxer male.
He has 5 dog btw.

Lol, needs to move to the country then to have space for all those dogs!

I'd have more than 5 but my OH keeps pointing out that soon we wont have anywhere to sleep in the bed.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Tue Jan 25 2011, 18:27

yeh im positive there 1 of the four banned lol pittys tosa , dogo's and braziliano's or sumfin Smile
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Tue Jan 25 2011, 18:28

personally i think dogo's are absolutely stunning looking dogs i'd love to own 1 . watched a film one night/morning spanish brit subs all about dogo's ,,,, me and my insomnia
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next