All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really)

+15
Staffy lover
stansmum
bobs
Cyril baby
Ben
Irene
jshrew
Jackieb
Nathan
taramartynandbuster
Lou&percy :)
Jellytot
Kathy
Andy
Keith
19 posters

Go down

All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really) Empty All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really)

Post by Keith Sat Sep 15 2012, 18:34

.... according to some woman I met earlier while out on a walk with my non-staffy foster dog.

All staffies have to wear a muzzle. As do all dobermanns. But no other breeds.

All staffies have to do this as no staffy is capable of letting go if it bites someone/another dog. Their jaws lock and can't be opened again.

All staffies are aggressive as two set upon her yorkshire terrier and were going for the kill, but luckily her yorkshire terrier is so dog aggressive that it managed to fight these two killing machines off.

After listening to a good five minutes of her bull****, I told her I'd kept loads of staffies and she was talking out of her posterior exit.

A little piece of my faith in human intelligence dies each day. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Working dog on Sun Sep 16 2012, 11:02; edited 1 time in total
Keith
Keith
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really) Empty Re: All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really)

Post by Andy Sat Sep 15 2012, 19:01

Mad old bint Rolling Eyes
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really) Empty Re: All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15 2012, 19:08

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the title of your thread!!

What a dozy woman, she must have thought you were either incredibly gullible or incredibly stupid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Sep 15 2012, 19:34

Surprised Crying or Very sad She obviously hadn't had her medication that day, never mind Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Sat Sep 15 2012, 19:39

Yawn!!!!

rolling on the floor
Jellytot
Jellytot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Sat Sep 15 2012, 20:10

Andy wrote:Mad old bint Rolling Eyes

Smile

Lou&percy :)
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Percy
Dog(s) Ages : 22 weeks
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by taramartynandbuster Sat Sep 15 2012, 20:11

all crazy old busy bodys who chat pure uneducated nonsense should be muzzled from now on.

taramartynandbuster
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog(s) Ages : 5.5
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Sep 15 2012, 20:39

We need these people! They are an important part of society for without them who else would we have to point laugh and moc for our own amusment lol
She sounds nuttier than squirel poop
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Sep 15 2012, 20:40

Blah !
And well said Andy. ' mad old bint ' !!!!

X
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat Sep 15 2012, 20:48

rolling on the floor

bless her ah well let her have her moment as one day her aggressive ankle biter will mess with the wrong dog and I would bet it won't be a dobe or a staffy
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Sat Sep 15 2012, 21:25

Its the small yappy ankle biters that need muzzles not our lovely staffs! xx

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15 2012, 22:00

Thank god, I was freaking out at the title and ready to burst into rage Laughing. But nah, she's obviously a narrow-minded maniac who's incapable of not generalising.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15 2012, 22:28

you stayed listening to her for longer than I would have!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15 2012, 22:32

Caryll wrote:you stayed listening to her for longer than I would have!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would have started ignoring her much sooner Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sun Sep 16 2012, 05:23

Lol. As the saying goes, "can't help stupid!"
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 07:32

OMG shes lost her marbles Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 08:30

she sound quite thick to me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril baby Sun Sep 16 2012, 08:49

I would have burst out laughing, probably been rolling round the floor laughing, she has an aggressive dog and is saying that about other breeds. Yorkies do a lot more biting than any of those breeds put together. rolling on the floor

It was 2 Weimaraners that attacked Joe, previously the dogs that had attacked him had all been Collies.
Cyril baby
Cyril baby
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
All Staffords must be muzzled in public as of last week (not really) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Sun Sep 16 2012, 09:08

Morning all. I have a colleague who has an ankle biter that has bitten and scarred at least three poeople to my knowledge. Even he admits and calls it the Yorkshire Terrorist Surprised Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 16:29

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?......NO it is Super Yorkie! In your dreams lady. Good for a laugh though.

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmum Sun Sep 16 2012, 17:35

omg 10 mins ago i just back from our 3rd walk of the day i have a 14yr old greyhound and Stan my staffy also a bala terrier tia but she doesnt come on walks ( cant do all 3 at same time lol) Spike the greyhound has become old and grumpy since he was hit by a car a few years ago and isnt friendly with other dogs outside the home Sad Stan on other hand is brilliant Smile . As we was heading to a field at end of my road of the lead they both went spike went off as he does sniffing and wobbling around stan barking and bouncing with excitement at me throwing his fav toy a green ring. I spot toddlers and another dog a beautifull king charles so call both my dogs to nmy side put spike the greyhound on his lead and hold him tight. The woman holding king charles on a lead looks at me with disgust and takes a wide berth then says to me that dogs dangerous should be nuzzled so i said hes big but is just old and doesnt do well with other dogs not the large one she says the other one why is he not on a lead Surprised what i said your worried about a puppy whos only interest is his green ring not even noticed you the kids or the dog but the large dog whos barking and growling and on a tight lead your not get a grip you small minded silly old batalax. Cheeky b***h i said and where was her toddlers only stroking said dangerous dog while she protected her dog from the him i told her to expand the small mind of hers and maybe shed realise that if he was soooo dangerous shed be the biggest danger as shes left her kids to wander up to him and was cuddling him he wasnt interested though wanted his ring. I was fuming but alas sadly a few idiots about sadly
stansmum
stansmum
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : stan spikey and tia
Dog(s) Ages : stan 9mths spike 14yr tia 4yr
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 20:43

Wow, I hope she now keeps her Yorkie muzzled now, it's definitely a danger to other dogs Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:00

Some people........ Did she ever think that her dog being so aggressive was the problem the silly hag.

My mate just had this with her staffy, a yorkie was barking and stuff at her dog as she walked past the drive and when her dog arked back she said omg and was horrified, so small dogs can and big dogs cant. Arghhhhh. Idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Sep 18 2012, 15:11

Silly fool and not ever watching her kids, well what kind of mum is she Surprised
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Wed Sep 19 2012, 12:16

I think some people just like to create controversy. When I told people I was looking for a staff I got 'isn't it banned? Doesn't that dog bite people? Isn't that the breed that kills eachother, isn't that the breed that locks its jaws?' I just say none of the above and ignore them. Some people you just can't convince. I can't believe people's misconceptions and how people can't tell what a pit bull and a staffy is!
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female!
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by RoloCleoAndRuebensMummy Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:49

I've actually heard somewhere that 'dangerous dogs' should be muzzled or dogs that look like them ... Obv staffies are not dangerous but we all now how they're judged...
I had someone tell me that I needed to keep Ruebens on the lead before because he looked dangerous and there were kids about and little dogs off the leads too, at which point I told her where to go as it was my land and I make the rules Tongues (it actually is, we own a farm and let people walk through it). Her face was a picture!! But no I have heard somewhere that certain dogs need to be muzzled in a public place because I remember thinking at the time 'what a way to increase fear of dogs'
Xx

RoloCleoAndRuebensMummy

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:55

Any dog that is human aggressive should (maybe) be muzzled in public, and of course if your dog has a history of getting out of control you may be told to muzzle it. But not otherwise.

If you have a pitbull 'type' and the law says that's what it is, then you will need to get it neutered, microchipped & muzzled in public in order to be able to keep it (as long as it's under control, ie trained, and friendly).

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Sat Sep 22 2012, 19:27

I'm glad I'm not the only one upset with yorkies. We pass quite a few on our walks and Molly will just walk past, take a quick look at what's going on but wont entertain them while the yorkie is choking itself to get to her. There's a little Westie that terrorises Molly when we walk past. Poor mol doesn't know what to do!
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Sep 22 2012, 19:40

This thread is really interesting to me, we have literally just begun a journey as staffie owners BUT the reason we were so thrilled when we were matched by the rescue with Denzil is because he's a staff! I don't know where I've been living for the past few years but I must have let all the media nonsense go right over my head, I have always associated staffs with the exact nature that people that love them know them to have, loyal, daft and always up for a cuddle. I have friends who own them and knew tons when I was a child and I've never been wary, or been as much as growled at by one! (I have been bitten...by a daschund! Laughing ) How can anyone look at a staffs face and see anger or aggression, to me their expressions are just devoted and sooooooo nosy! Some people out there are nuts, I'm learning about this bad reputation lark and I'm stunned. Today whilst walking him I noticed immediately that there are two types of folks..those who will cross the road when they see a staff coming, and those who just beam at them and say hello to these wonderful dogs. I am so so glad he's here, and anyone that says anything ridiculous to me about him when we are out and about will be swiftly put in their place! Smile
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Sat Sep 22 2012, 19:48

Aww I've just met my Molly and I feel like we were alwAys meant for eachother Smile she has a sorta 'everyone play with me now play play play!' face that you can't resist smooshing! A little beaut but I'm biased! There are a lot of things I didn't know about staffs until I had her. Mostly about how much love they actually have to give. They just want love and the more love you put into them, the more you get back.
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23 2012, 18:55

Isn't it horrible how Staffs have got this reputation for being aggressive dogs. Will Staffs EVER shake off this image in the public's mind that they are owned by thugs and are weapon dogs?

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Sun Sep 23 2012, 20:31

Doberman and Rottys have been through the same thing over the years. Then it was the pit and now it's the stafford. It'll move on to something else given enough time. I don't care what anyone thinks of me or my Staff, although I don't trust her ALONE with my child I wouldn't trust any dog with my child. I do feel like staffies are the perfect dog for families because they LOVE kids. Molly is super with my daughter. Very patient, tollerant and friendly. But she did live with a newborn before we had her and a 2 year old. While people's silly little dogs yap and try to bite at mollys face she ignores it, now tell me who is the bad owner?
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by proud papacass Sun Sep 23 2012, 21:00

Buster wears a muzzle most of the time. His face is either in his food bowl, the treat bag we take walking or my pocket hunting fro treats lol.

I love Staffies and Buster is becoming something of an ambassador for Staffies on the school run due to the most aggressive thing about about him being his wagging tail! Still plenty of B.S bantered about. But did have to raise a smile when the small friendly Pug outside the school gates bit the lady as she stooped to stroke it after she'd been stroking our vicious Staffie 2 mins earlier.
proud papacass
proud papacass
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster (aka Piglet)
Dog(s) Ages : 8 weeks DOB 04.07.12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down