Nosipho
Cyril baby
Leicsblondie
Galadriel
Kathy
jola139
12 posters

Go down

Someone kick your dog- what do you do? Empty Someone kick your dog- what do you do?

Post by jola139 Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:02

Hi all,I' m bit stressed at the moment so sorry for spelling. I took Debo to work with me today ,where is another dog. I took them both for a walk on the fields where they can run free. Just when we were about to go back I heard some noises,so my maine priority was to put lead on my employer's dog because she's bigger and likes to bark which my scared some people. There were old men with his 2 grandkids. When Debo saw theme he started to walk towards them with his tail wagging,I know I should react earlier,because some people think some things about staffies. When he was approaching theme I said that he wants to say hello and started to walk towards theme to put Debo on the lead. Then the guy went mad he said to the kids " Don't be afraid I won't let him to hurt you" and he kick Debo not hard but to push him away . I panicked,garbed Debo and try to put him on the lead,with this men shouting " I ' m going to report you,they gonna take your dog away" and startes to push me. I was so shaking,just to wanted be far away from him. I call my OH with tears he said that I should call the police but should I? Debo wasn't on the lead,would I be on the lost position? What would you do?
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Someone kick your dog- what do you do? Empty Re: Someone kick your dog- what do you do?

Post by Kathy Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:13

I think the guy over reacted a bit and could have caused an incident by his actions. It was a bit out of order for him to kick your dog and assaulting you could have made the situation much worse. Best to keep away from idiots like this.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Someone kick your dog- what do you do? Empty Re: Someone kick your dog- what do you do?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:24

I think he sounds like a complete idiot. Did Debo actually do anything to them or was he just walking up to them? If he was just walking up to them, then the guy is COMPLETELY out of order in my opinion. How can someone overreact to a situation so much? Dogs are sometimes off-lead, and you can't always dive at them and put the lead on them before they react. I guess work on Debo's recall if you haven;t already, so that he'll come back before he walks over to someone who overreacts so much. Dogs are off-lead sometimes, it's just how it is; how can the police get involved in what was basically a puppy walking up to some people and a man reacting in an intimidating way? I doubt they'd be on the man's side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:27

That sounds a little over the top..........silly old fool, unfortunately you can't change some people's ideas and he sounds as if his are based on misinformation and ignorance.

Is there other places you can walk Debo off lead instead?
I would avoid this area for a while especially if you walk him on your own as you will more than likely feel a little apprehensive next time you are there......

You have not done anything wrong, but neither you or Debo need to be subjected to this type of behaviour. >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:36

I'd be fuming if someone kicked one of my dogs for no reason.

I'd like to think I'd calmly take the persons details then report them for animal abuse but in the heat of the moment who knows. I might just have to walk away and say nothing to prevent myself doing something stupid like giving a kick back!!

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicsblondie Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:46

A *friend* of my daughter's, who happened to be Daisy's previous owner, threatened to kick Daisy when she was dropping her child off at my house about a month ago...

I was fuming, nothing happened on this occasion, but this is the reason we have Daisy**, because the previous owner punched, kicked and didn't feed/care for her properly!

** My daughter actually told this friend to either rehome Daisy or she'd call the RSPCA because of her unacceptable and cruel behaviour towards the dog. The friend agreed to release Daisy to her (but I've now got her and she's not going anywhere!).

I get so sad when people refuse to accept Daisy as a dog, many just see the stereotype. If someone kicked her for no reason, I dread to think what I'd say/do/feel Sad
Leicsblondie
Leicsblondie
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:51

Debo was trying to lick on of the kids before he was kicked. He was called pitbull the murderer . He is pretty good with recall ,it's when something exiting going on. At first when I call him he didn'tt see them ,I heard them, try to prevent that,it' s the other dog barking that got his attention. But you should see the kids face ,they couldn't move ,they were so scared because he overreact like that. The all situation was really stressfull for me ,Debo didn't even noticed thatn something happened ,I think. I do understand that the guy could be scared and try to protect his grandkids but I'm sure there is plenty of other ways to do it.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:55

I'm just happy that it wasn't my OH there instead of me. I don't want to think what would have happen then. For a moment ,I was brave saying " go on ,call the police,I would be happy to speak with them" but I just walked away.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 14:33

Keep working on the recall then, because some people just don't like dogs, or Staffs. It's sad, but it makes life easier to ignore those kinds of people. Neither you nor Debo did anything wrong, the man overreacted and I'm shocked that he'd not only do that to the dog, but try to push you around too, and then have the audacity to threaten to call the police.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu Sep 06 2012, 14:38

Thing that really upset me was fact that he physically pushed me away( more then once ) and it wasn't gental touch. Will work more on the recall,will take some nice chicken treats for a walk today,nothing stop us from having lovely walks.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicsblondie Thu Sep 06 2012, 14:54

Sounds to me like you could have been walking a duck and he'd have had a go... He sounds like a bully wanting to assert his control and authority over someone he doesnt feel physically threatened by and who he sees as an easy target. It makes him feel big by threatening you further by saying he'll have your dog taken off you...

Idiot.
Leicsblondie
Leicsblondie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 15:39

Eugh!!! some people !!! :@ ... i had a cross breed boy when i was at school and i had a falling out with a 'friend' and she kicked him in the back leg hard enough for him to yelp, she now has a wonky nose!!! No one touches my dogs
but thats my bad temper when it comes to it and i shouldnt of done it but like i said no one touches my dogs lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 15:46

well...did he kick him or did he push him away with his leg? In my opinion there is a difference. A kick....no not acceptable as you say your dog was not threatening. A push away i think is different if he was approaching the kids without the mans say so. All this could of been avoided tho if u had been more aware so i would say any blame lies with both u and the man who kicked (if thats what he did) x

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicsblondie Thu Sep 06 2012, 15:47

*some* people think it's ok to kick dogs. It's the same people that would be the first to cry they've been attacked by a dog if it bit back.

So, it's ok for people to hit them, but not ok for the dog to defend themselves.

Dogs get a raw deal. No matter who was at fault, the dog will get the blame everytime.
Leicsblondie
Leicsblondie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 15:47

Obviously he had no right 2 put his hand on u tho....just to add!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril baby Thu Sep 06 2012, 15:48

Report this to the police, not only has he kicked your dog but by pushing you he has assaulted you. Hopefully you will know were he lives, the police will have to go and talk to him if you do.

Cyril baby
Cyril baby
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Someone kick your dog- what do you do? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 15:53

yes....but she has allowed her off lead dog to approach this man with his kids. Im not saying what he did was right but she didnt have her dog "undercontrol" so the police wouldnt be interested

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Sep 06 2012, 15:55

If there werent children there I probably would have kicked him back. I would have got angry though, I expect I would have told him I would ring the police and report him for assault and animal cruelty. And maybe taken some details, that would have shut him up.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 16:06

I have read all the replies (including my own from before) and the thing that sticks out the most for me now is he did this in front of his grandchildren. WT..?
What sort of person does this to anyone let alone in front of his grandkids and yet has the audacity to infer he will report you and your dog.
It was probably his attitude and behaviour that was really scaring and freaking out the kids anyway, not the fact that Debo ran up to them.
Stupid old fool. mad

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Thu Sep 06 2012, 16:16

blaze wrote:yes....but she has allowed her off lead dog to approach this man with his kids. Im not saying what he did was right but she didnt have her dog "undercontrol" so the police wouldnt be interested

But the dog didnt do anything , he didnt bark at them , no need to to kick the dog and he shouldnt have laid a single finger on her and yes the police would have been interested because he pushed her (policeman is a friend) ,
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicsblondie Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:07

Does 'under control' mean on a lead at all times? I've seen quite a few dogs that are quite clearly under the complete control and command of their owner off lead (and more than my Daisy when on lead trying to pull to get over to play/sniff them!)
Leicsblondie
Leicsblondie

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:37

roz w wrote:
blaze wrote:yes....but she has allowed her off lead dog to approach this man with his kids. Im not saying what he did was right but she didnt have her dog "undercontrol" so the police wouldnt be interested

But the dog didnt do anything , he didnt bark at them , no need to to kick the dog and he shouldnt have laid a single finger on her and yes the police would have been interested because he pushed her (policeman is a friend) ,

Regardless of him kicking Debo (which I would have punched his face in for) he had no right to lay a finger on you unless you were approaching him and he was defending himself, so this was technically assault. You should have reported him and let him know what it's like to be the bad one, ****head.

My wife had a problem down the canal last year when a woman with her Dachshund that was much bigger than Jo demanded she got Tilly away from her , she approached with her dog off lead and Tilly was on lead , Tilly let out what I call her "* bark" ( no offence meant to anyone by this its just a comment ) and she commented "I know staffies they make that sound just before they rip a dog's throat out. She pushed poked and prodded my wife to force her out of the way and I was absolutely fuming . I enquired round town as to the woman but nobody knew her and we assume she was off one of the boats. I went to the canal all week same time every day with the intention of throwing her in angry angry angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 18:43

Ooo what a nasty person.
Ring the police dear and teach this * wipe going round pushing a women is not exceptable behaviour.

You did nothing wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu Sep 06 2012, 20:25

I'm pretty sure he kicked,it was strong kick but still. My mind went blind. Completely. Looking at the situation now I would deal with differently. I know I should put Debo on the lead way before,my fault. But touching me it's a big no no. Unfortunately don't know where he lives. It' sad that some people can act that way.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:02

I've cooked some chicken for a treat and took Debo,Scout ( the other dog ) and the kids I look after for a walk to the same field. I worked on the recall with Debo ( the kids helped me ),we had few situations to test him. He did pretty good. Didn't let that incident to put my confidance down.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:25

I would contact the police tbh. You have been assulted and your dog classed as property has been assulted. His actions were totaly wrong, being out of control is not a punishable offence under dda section 3 which states that a dog has to be dangerously out of control and that the victim feels reasonably threatened to be classed as dangerously out of control. His actions contradict this as he was fearless enough to approach a dog and kick it. If the police arnt intrested contact your local rag as theres nothing theyd like better than a headlin of "pensioner attacks staffy"
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:47

I should have,now is to late. Don't know this guy,never have seen him in the village,dn't know where he lives. My OH is angry with that I didn't call the police. I'll know better for next time,hope it won't be needed. My priority at that moment was to protect Debo, I wasn't thinking that someone can do something to me as well.
Can't let that to put me off of taking Debo out,have to be more aware next time
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:56

well i am glad it has not put you off and Debo, for that incident could very well have changed his behaviour towards people and knocked your confidence completely
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:24

Well at least you can take comfort in the fact that you and youf dog are more stable and level headed than the old git. Your oh is just being protective as i would be and prob frustrated he wasnt there to have a few words. Main thing is your okay and the dog is okay so just shelve the experiance and be done with it knowing your both better than him
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07 2012, 14:09

roz w wrote:

If u saw my other post i did say what the man did to the dog if he kicked him was totally wrong and certainly he should never of layed a finger on her! But she should of not let her dog approach people she didnt no anyway that was my point then it would of all been avoided. Some people just are not nice....as this man proved. You wouldnt let ur kids wander up to people u didnt no after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Fri Sep 07 2012, 19:48

Yes,but if some kids would approach you and you wouldn't like it ,you would not push them away,you would have word with their parents. As I said before I know I should be quicker with Debo but this guy didn't give a chance to take the dog.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Fri Sep 07 2012, 19:49

Should be give me a chance,sorry. Anyway all forgotten ,have to put behind work on the recall more and enjoy having Debo around.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirsty Fri Sep 07 2012, 20:25

That man sounds like a nasty piece of work. I'm so glad he hasnt knocked your confidence and you're right back out there with Debo. It makes me cross that he's passing on his ignorance to his grandchildren and demonstrating aggressive behaviour in front of them. And what a hypocrite (sp?). He won't let the dog hurt his grandkids but he'll kick a dog and push you. What a hero!

This isnt very similar but i just wanted to share. Once Bunsen went up to lick a kids face. He ran up to him and sniffed in his hood. From my familiarity with dogs I could see he was happy and not at all dangerous but the mother must have just seen my dog bulldozing towards her little one and go up at his face. She let out a blood curdling scream as she ran towards her child and scooped him up and saved him from a terrible licking! I do understand her point of view a little, but it was a complete over reaction and is going to pass on that fear to her child. Also, what message is it giving to onlookers?

The next person who freaks out over my dog licking them I'm ready to tell them 'What? He licked you? You're lucky to be alive...'
Wirsty
Wirsty

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bunsen
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Stokester Fri Sep 07 2012, 20:53

I can understand his side and yours.
Staffys have bad press and people that dont know anything about them think there violent, and he was trying to protect his grand kids. you cant really fault him on that part to be honest. as a dog owner you have to understand the body language of other people aswell as your dog. dogs can sense fear.
however the exchange after i would of give him a proper reason report me.
Stokester
Stokester
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gary
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months old
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07 2012, 21:03

Although I can understand that he might have believed all the press rubbish about staffs & was worried for his grandchildren, he shouldn't have kicked Debo, and he most certainly shouldn't have laid a single finger on you. That's criminal assault.

If you see him again, put Debo on a lead and take out your mobile phone. If he starts to let off steam again, tell him calmly but firmly that if he doesn't leave you alone you will call the police again because he assaulted you last time, and they are very interested in talking to him. You don't need to tell him that you didn't call the police the first time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Sep 07 2012, 21:15

Caryll wrote:Although I can understand that he might have believed all the press rubbish about staffs & was worried for his grandchildren, he shouldn't have kicked Debo, and he most certainly shouldn't have laid a single finger on you. That's criminal assault.

If you see him again, put Debo on a lead and take out your mobile phone. If he starts to let off steam again, tell him calmly but firmly that if he doesn't leave you alone you will call the police again because he assaulted you last time, and they are very interested in talking to him. You don't need to tell him that you didn't call the police the first time!
Spot on advice
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Fri Sep 07 2012, 22:06

I do understand that he was trying to protect his grandkids and I don't blame him. I don't trust people who're saying " don't worry he wont bite" ,I jude the situation myself. He gave me mixed info by saying to the kids calmly " Don't worry .the dog wont hurt you" and then suddenly kick my dog. Like I said ,we are working on better recall when there is lots of things going on. Taking Staffy,I knew I will have to deal with that kind of people from time to time.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07 2012, 22:13

Yes, I'm afraid you gradually develop a very thick skin. All we can do is try to educate people so that they know how good staffords can be.

People like him, though, don't want to know. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Fri Sep 07 2012, 22:16

Glad you aren't letting it affect you. He sounds like a mean, prejudiced old man.
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Fri Sep 07 2012, 22:21

It annoys me so much when you come across these ignorant people who believe all staffys are bad I've grew thick skinned over it but I do think I wouldn't of been able to control myself and would of kicked him back don't know who people think they are. I just have an attitude now where I dont care what people think if they want to pick up there kids and dog go ahead cos I ain't changing direction. One word for that guy p***k.
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 14:33

jola139 wrote:I do understand that he was trying to protect his grandkids and I don't blame him. I don't trust people who're saying " don't worry he wont bite" ,I jude the situation myself. He gave me mixed info by saying to the kids calmly " Don't worry .the dog wont hurt you" and then suddenly kick my dog. Like I said ,we are working on better recall when there is lots of things going on. Taking Staffy,I knew I will have to deal with that kind of people from time to time.

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down