How much exercise is enough?

Go down

How much exercise is enough? Empty How much exercise is enough?

Post by Asha Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:29

Ok so I've just found out that it is quite possible to over exercise a puppy. Lucky I found out sooner than later (I found out the day I did it) for a mark on how much is ridiculously too much he is 6 months old and came with me for my 3 hour 33km walk around the bush, there was lots of water but the distance was a bit excessive. after that he still had enough energy to race around the house by himself for about an house so it didn't seem to wear him out though.

Any way now I know how much is classified as waaay too much I'm still left wondering how much he should be getting, will the recommended amount be enough to keep him happy and at the end of it all how much exercise should he be able to handle as an adult?

This is him as of this morning (he just woke up)

How much exercise is enough? P8220020m
Asha
Asha
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

How much exercise is enough? Empty Re: How much exercise is enough?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22 2012, 05:49

As a general rule they should be walked about 5 minutes for every month of age. In your case this would be a 30 minute walk twice per day. This is on lead walking so if you let him off lead to run around or chase a ball that doesn't count against the time.

Once he is an adult or 18 months to be safe how much you exercise him really depends on how fit he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22 2012, 07:16

Can only repeat what Jstaff has already advised.....great advice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22 2012, 07:18

as advised we take our littlest out for about 45 mins at a time 2 times a day but this is 10 mins to the grassland and 10 mins back with the rest running around at his own pace with the older one

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down