rspca bull breeds

5 posters

Go down

rspca bull breeds Empty rspca bull breeds

Post by Thomos 2 Wed Aug 08 2012, 09:34

Just thought I"d share this with all of you, it could save you some money, snip & chip bull breeds for £20.00 if your on low income benefits:

http://www.rspca-southcotswolds.org.uk/news.aspx
Thomos 2
Thomos 2
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : enzo & enya
Dog(s) Ages : 6months
Dog Gender(s) : male & female
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

rspca bull breeds Empty Re: rspca bull breeds

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 10:34

Although that's welcome to people with a low income, why bull breeds only & not other breeds? They're not the only breed that is overbred!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Aug 08 2012, 10:46

Caryll wrote:Although that's welcome to people with a low income, why bull breeds only & not other breeds? They're not the only breed that is overbred!

There are more staffies in rescues than any other breed.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 10:51

Yes, I know, but in that case why bull breeds in general, why not just staffords? Are there no other breeds that get put in rescue? We've had this conversation before - isn't discriminatory (sp?) against everybody who may need discounted neutering but doesn't have a bull breed?

I'm not against the principle of offering a discount, far from it, just feel that to offer it only to bull breeds (most of the bull breeds don't have such a huge problem as staffords anyway) is wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomos 2 Wed Aug 08 2012, 11:05

Caryll wrote:Yes, I know, but in that case why bull breeds in general, why not just staffords? Are there no other breeds that get put in rescue? We've had this conversation before - isn't discriminatory (sp?) against everybody who may need discounted neutering but doesn't have a bull breed?

I'm not against the principle of offering a discount, far from it, just feel that to offer it only to bull breeds (most of the bull breeds don't have such a huge problem as staffords anyway) is wrong.
I know exactly what your saying Caryll but it is what it is, yes it is victimisation but if theres less bull breeds due to carelessness or not having the funds ready then I"m cool with that.
Thomos 2
Thomos 2

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : enzo & enya
Dog(s) Ages : 6months
Dog Gender(s) : male & female
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Wed Aug 08 2012, 12:14

Caryll wrote:Yes, I know, but in that case why bull breeds in general, why not just staffords? Are there no other breeds that get put in rescue? We've had this conversation before - isn't discriminatory (sp?) against everybody who may need discounted neutering but doesn't have a bull breed?

thumbs up

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
rspca bull breeds Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Aug 08 2012, 18:12

I emailed them this morning, just incase anyone was interested this was the reply, I for one back there campaign and personally do not see it as discriminatory. We have a huge problem with Staffs in shelters and IMHO every little step helps.

Good Morning Jane,

Firstly I have to point out that we have limited resources and do the best we can. The Snip & Chip for bull breeds was mainly launched to help stem the overwhelming flow of Staffies needing to be rehomed and we felt this was a positive approach to the problem. At this point in time we offer neutering vouchers for owners who live in our catchment area and are in receipt of the appropriate benefits Female Dog Spay Vch is £71.50, Male Dog castrate vch £50.00 Cat Spay Vch £35.75 Cat castrate vch. £22.00 Rabbit Spay £45.00 Rabbit Castrate Vch 27.00.

We carry out Micro chipping again for anyone on the appropriate benefits for £8.00 and if not on benefits £10.00, we hope this also helps promote responsible ownership.

The public generally need to really consider can they afford to take an animal on, and if they fall on hard times hopefully we can offer some support. We don’t want to be discriminatory in any way and our Branch is an independent charity which receives no outside funding from the National RSPCA or the government so we are limited to what we are able to offer especially considering we have a responsibility to cover the costs for animals that come into our care through no fault of their own. If I can clarify anything or be of further help please let me know.

June Edgar

Branch Administrator

RSPCA SOUTH COTSWOLDS BRANCH

01453-755857

PS I haven't posted this for an ear bashing, just thought it might be of interest.

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 18:41

thumbs up

Although saving £2 on microchipping isn't going to make people sit up and think oi oi got a bargin there lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08 2012, 20:06

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea & very, very useful. I just think, if it's aimed at the amount of staffs in shelters, then it should be for staffords & stafford crosses, not bull breeds in general.

It's also very good of them to reply so promptly!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Aug 09 2012, 09:39

I can understand how you feel but there are that many crosses of dogs these days and many of them could have anything in there mix its just something positive and a step in the right direction.
applause
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09 2012, 18:38

I think its brilliant and like they say, they have limited resources so can't do all dogs. Our local cats and dog home periodically offer free neutering and spaying for staffies and/or bull breeds. At the end of the day, these guys are on the front line and see these dogs put down every day - good on them for offering whatever help they can, I hope people take advantage of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Fri Aug 17 2012, 15:20

I think it's really brilliant, but also think that other breeds need to be involved. At the centre where I work, 67 of our 110 dogs are staffy's, but the rest are a huge mixed bag, generally of German shepherds, Rottweilers, Jack Russell Terrier crosses, Shih Tzu's, Yorkie's, Shar Pei's and Mastiff's most commonly. Think it should be offered to anyone with a low income.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down