Staffy Jealousy

2 posters

Go down

Staffy Jealousy Empty Staffy Jealousy

Post by 2Staffys Mon Aug 06 2012, 08:15

I Own two staffy's A Non Desexed male and a desexed female.They have lived together for 6 years without any real issues. However lately the female is getting really Jealous if anyone shows the male any attention and she attacks him. she is getting quite aggressive with him and hurting him. He is much bigger and older but never seems to fight back. I'm concerned firstly because he's always getting hurt and i think it might be causing him to stress because he's lost a lot of weight lately. Secondly i'm concerned for the safety of family. I know neither dog would hurt anyone, however someone may get accidently hurt while they are fighting.

Is there anyone that's dealt with this or has any advice for me. I'm really hoping that i don't have to get rid of one of them however i need to think about the other one's safety and also the safety of my kids.
Thanks

2Staffys
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Staffy Jealousy Empty Re: Staffy Jealousy

Post by janey Mon Aug 06 2012, 09:19

Hi & Staffy Jealousy Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Staffy Jealousy Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Staffy Jealousy Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Staffy Jealousy Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Staffy Jealousy Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
Staffy Jealousy Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Staffy Jealousy Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Staffy Jealousy Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06 2012, 09:44

Hi and welcome from us and Suki.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06 2012, 09:45

Is the female having any health issues?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07 2012, 15:15

In my experience its the female that will rule the roost in a 2 dog house hold ( male & Female)
He knows shes boss and thats why he wont go back at her, his obviously happy with this arrangement, and could if he wanted kill or bad hurt her putting her right in her place if he wanted to or wanted to challenge her.

As shes being abit too bossy with him its upto you to step in and let her know shes taking her alpha position over him a bit too far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07 2012, 15:54

Agree with Denise, let her know that she is going too far by keeping her on a leash and lettign it loose and when she goes into attack mode a loud NO! and grab the lead and remove her from the room until she has calmed down. Repeat as necessary. You MUST make sure all members of the family do this and stick to it and don't give in or she would go back to square one.

It might also be worth getting them both a vet check if this is a recent development, also with his weight loss, he could have an under lying problem you don't know about and she sense this and that could be why shes turning on him as in the wild animals will get rid of a weaker member of the family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down