Dead Soldier's Family's Pension cut.

3 posters

Go down

Dead Soldier's Family's Pension cut. Empty Dead Soldier's Family's Pension cut.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:30

Sergeant Matthew Telford of the Grenadier Guards was promoted to that rank in June 2009.
In November of that same year, Sergeant Telford was one of 5 British soldiers killed when a rogue Afghan policeman opened fire on them.
His wife and family will only receive a Corporal's pension since he only held his rank of Sergeant for less than a year.
However, he was killed on operations by the enemy whilst wearing three stripes of a Sergeant on active service.
Please sign the petition below to support a change in the rules that deny a hero’s widow the pension she deserves.

http://soldiers-pensions.co.uk/?q=petition

Back to top Go down

Dead Soldier's Family's Pension cut. Empty Re: Dead Soldier's Family's Pension cut.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:44

God this makes me mad angry

Back to top Go down

Dead Soldier's Family's Pension cut. Empty Re: Dead Soldier's Family's Pension cut.

Post by whmon Fri Jan 07 2011, 17:13

Disgusting! another example of the pen pushers' pathetic...words fail me! Petition signed. I am so angry!

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:13

This has now changed and new rules have been published. If you have acting rank and get killed, your pension will reflect the rank at time of death.

Good post Caryll!! Thanks!!
Hayley109
Hayley109
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:35

i personaly dont think there should be grading for pensions all lives are equel if your killed in action i think you should get the current highest ranking pension its only right they lost there life to keep ares safe from threat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 10:44

bigwazza wrote:i personaly dont think there should be grading for pensions all lives are equel if your killed in action i think you should get the current highest ranking pension its only right they lost there life to keep ares safe from threat

agreed..... every life is important.. and to be honest... isnt it the lower ranks they send in first.... the cheif is always last to go to battle, yet he is paid the most.. stinks!
danger money is just that and it should be all equal and fair.
those poor wifes have to support their kids with something for gods sake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 11:00

Hayley109 wrote:This has now changed and new rules have been published. If you have acting rank and get killed, your pension will reflect the rank at time of death.

Good post Caryll!! Thanks!!

I hadn't seen that - people power!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 13:27

I know that my Ex's mother got pension. don't know if she got the correct amount for his rank. As far as i know she didn't need to fight against it or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Mon Jan 17 2011, 16:46

agreed..... every life is important.. and to be honest... isnt it the lower ranks they send in first.... the cheif is always last to go to battle, yet he is paid the most.. stinks!
danger money is just that and it should be all equal and fair.
those poor wifes have to support their kids with something for gods sake[/quote]

It depend which service your in as to what ranks 'go in 1st'.

In the RAF we tend to send in the jets 1st and they are all Officers so they are higher than us (literally!), but at the other end of the scale you have the lads on the ground who will be the lower ranks. In the Army the battlegroups that go out will often have officers with them as Troop Commanders.
And its not always wives that get left behind, i had to leave my husband and go to Afghan!(but we both serve so we're used to it!)
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Mon Jan 17 2011, 19:44

Do you know my friend Gordon Mould Hayley?

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Tue Jan 18 2011, 08:34

whmon wrote:Do you know my friend Gordon Mould Hayley?

No Sorry i don't!
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 18 2011, 10:53

My son in the engineers and on the ground there the first in and will be last out hes just come back from a tour safe and sound but all ranks are together out there there is no preferences and all have a job to do.
God bless them all !!!!!!!
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 10:58

Must worry the hell out of you, him being out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 18 2011, 11:15

Caryll wrote:Must worry the hell out of you, him being out there.
Im a nervous wreck and when he rings I cant talk for tears even when your kids grow and become men and women you still worry about them but I have to respect its his choice to do what he does and im so proud of him as all my kids. Hes off to kenya next month to dig for underground water and construct homes for small villages who have nothing.
The people that join the forces are special in my opion I cant post photos (dumbo) so my avitar ill post one of him on the welcome home march parade from afganistan Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 11:22

[quote="gem"]
Caryll wrote:Hes off to kenya next month to dig for underground water and construct homes for small villages who have nothing.

Brilliant - wish more people could see what the forces do other than fight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18 2011, 12:42

Yeah hats off to the bloke.......they do an amazing job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down