What age is "senior"

Go down

What age is "senior" Empty What age is "senior"

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21 2012, 18:58

Lexi has definitely perked up since i changed her food but it's still a rubbish brand as i can't afford much better. But if i go halfs or a little more from me with my dad i would be able to push the budget to get a decent food from pets at home

(im in the sticks of northern ireland so i don't think there is anyone who delivers)

But i wondered if i should look at senior foods or not? What difference would they have?

Back to top Go down

What age is "senior" Empty Re: What age is "senior"

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:35

Generally a dog is considered senior (or veteran) when they get to about 7 years old.

I really don't know what the food difference is, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:13

I've never really looked at 'mature' foods before but had a quick look at Wainwrights dry to compare and there's very little difference that I can see apart from there is glucosamine and chrondotine in the mature one but a few adult ones have that in anyway.

What are you feeding at the moment?

Galadriel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21 2012, 21:29

purina omega, i thought the omega would be good for joints and stuff and she really likes it, but i know there is a high additive content but its all i could afford when i got it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Sat Jul 21 2012, 21:56

Hayley wrote:purina omega, i thought the omega would be good for joints and stuff and she really likes it, but i know there is a high additive content but its all i could afford when i got it.

Could you get hold of Skinners Field and Trial (the duck & rice one) http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/products/Field---Trial-Products/Duck---Rice/ where you are? It's a similar daily feeding cost to the Omega and much better, the best food for that price that I know of. Then maybe add a tin of oily fish to her food once a week?

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down