Save Duke

3 posters

Go down

Save Duke Empty Save Duke

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 10:14

Oh dear, there's a Facebook page called Save Duke. An 18 month old male was taken from his home in somerset by the police for looking like a pitbull type apparently. I hope its not gonna be the same fiasco as the whole Lennox thing. BSL needs to be abolished asap, because of the outcome of Lennox's case, it wouldn't surprise me if there was violence over this one Sad

Back to top Go down

Save Duke Empty Re: Save Duke

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 10:19

differant dog same story if idiots carry on like this making stupid fb pages like this all bully breed owners will get tared with the same brush angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 10:24

In all fairness, I know if Charlie got taken from me, I would want all the help and support I could get to get him back. We don't know the ins and outs of this case, the owners in the last case acted wrongly but that may not be the case with this one.

I just hope that people aren't compelled to violence following the Lennox case, that's the last thing needed at the moment. Hopefully Duke will just be put on the list of exempted dogs and returned to his owners with no hassle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 10:30

but why start a fb page it will only atract the wrong supporters
if it was me i wouldnt have time for fb i would be on there doorstep fighting my corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 10:32

I agree. I wouldn't start a fb page but I can understand that they want support to get him back. I just hope it doesn't turn into a 2 year legal battle like the Lennox case. Lessons need to be learnt from that case, on both sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 12:55

fingers crossed for Duke , lets hope they get around to reviewing this whole fiasco soon Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 13:03

I hope there is a positive outcome for Duke and his family. They really need to get rid of BSL Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jul 12 2012, 13:17

I hope Duke does get returned to his family as soon as possible. It's storys like this that just keep enraging people who know nothing about the individual case.

Same as above if my dog was seized I wouldn't have the time to make a fb page about it but would be doing everything I could to make sure my dog was released asap.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Thu Jul 12 2012, 13:18

You guys in the UK seems to have lots of problems with breeds and what is allowed or not. Seems so unfair, but I hope Duke's story has a happy ending
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Thu Jul 12 2012, 13:19

You guys in the UK seems to have lots of problems with breeds and what is allowed or not. Seems so unfair, but I hope Duke's story has a happy ending
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 12 2012, 13:26

shontelle wrote:In all fairness, I know if Charlie got taken from me, I would want all the help and support I could get to get him back. We don't know the ins and outs of this case, the owners in the last case acted wrongly but that may not be the case with this one.

I just hope that people aren't compelled to violence following the Lennox case, that's the last thing needed at the moment. Hopefully Duke will just be put on the list of exempted dogs and returned to his owners with no hassle.

if you bring up your dog the right way and you have a good home you going get the dog back it really that simple...

if any of my dog was siezed i wouldn't make a facebook page up...

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 14:08

I wouldn't either, I'm just saying that I can understand them looking for support.

Charlie is a big softy and is very well trained, so I'm not worried on that count. My worry is that we have wardens around and all it takes is for one who has a 'type' prejudice to report him or for a bored policeman to stop me and take his measurements and whatever else.

I don't think it will happen, but it does happen fairly frequently down here so it is something that I am always wary of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 12 2012, 14:12

only time you going get your dog sized if someone report you to the police or warden....

i cant remember the last time i saw a dog warden it most of been around 8 years old

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 14:23

We get them down at the creek because it is a gret place to walk and people walk dogs there all day every day. There were a few problems with certain dogs and a few fights a couple of years ago and also ALOT of people not picking up after their dogs so now there is usually someone down there keeping an eye on things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:01

Sorry for my ignorance, but if you do have a pitbull or a "pitbull type" are they always put to sleep, or are there other outcomes, and are there exceptions where some owners keep their dogs? I didn't think there were any exceptions, but some of the replies obviously make me think otherwise.

Anyway, I get people saying they wouldn't make a Facebook page, but Twitter and Facebook helped with the Egyptian revolution, so why would it be wrong to try to get more attention (possibly from other countries, more supporters) from a social networking site? If you did it properly, it could actually be more useful than being limited to your area. Still, I hope he gets to go back home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:06

if you have a good home and your dog is friendly youcan have the dog back but it will be place on the index of exempted dogs

Index of Exempted Dogs

Your dog can only be added to the Index of Exempted Dogs (IED) following a court order.
Conditions of being on the IED

If your dog is put on the IED, it will have to be:

• neutered
  • tattooed
  • microchipped
  • kept on a lead and muzzled at all times when in a public place
  • kept in a secure place so it can't escape
  • insured against injuring third parties
You'll have to pay for this.
As the owner, you must:

• take out insurance against your dog injuring other people
  • be over the age of 16 to own or be in charge of the dog
  • show the Certificate of Exemption when asked by a police officer or local council warden, either at the time or within five days
  • let the IED know if you change address, or your dog dies
The Certificate of Exemption is valid for the life of the dog - as long as the above conditions are met.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down