Why do breeders keep turfing out 5week old pups!

4 posters

Go down

Why do breeders keep turfing out 5week old pups! Empty Why do breeders keep turfing out 5week old pups!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:37

Having a bit of a rant here and believe me it is not aimed at anyone in particular, if you buy a 5week old pup it is entirely the breeders fault for letting you.

The only excuse there is for giving away a 5 week old pup is that the owner and the mother have all fell down a hole and every rescue centre in the country has gone into administration.

"Learning he's a dog:

Canine Socialization

Primary Socialization period - 3 to 5 weeks

"This period is especially important for the development of a stable emotional temperament and affective tone. Many social and emotional deficits observed in adult dogs are believed to result from removing puppies too early from the mother and littermates." - Steven R. Lindsay"

Obviously the breeders are just out to make money and do not give a damn abuot these dogs, but people need to understand they are not always doing a good thing by taking the pup. They are feuling the back yard breeding because if someone feels sorry for the pup and takes it thats their breeding been successful! The bitch can then be in pup sooner as she will not come into season when she is lactating.
at wits end

Last edited by Equi on Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Why do breeders keep turfing out 5week old pups! Empty Re: Why do breeders keep turfing out 5week old pups!

Post by Jackieb Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:50

I agree, it's just crazy, I feel sorry for all the mums and pups with ignorant one minded so called breeders.

I have a friend who breeds staffys, her bitch is kc reg, health tested and DNA clear, she recently bred her with a gorgeous health tested, clear stud, she kept the pups with her till 11 wks, wouldn't let them go before hand.

She wormed, vaccinated fully and microchipped each pup, put endorsements on the pups registration papers and had contracts drawn up for each owner.

So, there are good breeders out there in amongst all the shitty ones. Shame that ppl are prepared to buy unregistered, non-health checked pups from BYBs.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Why do breeders keep turfing out 5week old pups! Empty Re: Why do breeders keep turfing out 5week old pups!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:56

People are just not prepared to wait ever. If they want something they want it now and will think about the consequences later. Personally if a breeder was letting me take a pup at under 8 weeks i would NOT be offering them any money for it as they obviously didn't put any towards it.

Your friend sounds lovely, i wish there were more like them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 03 2012, 14:41

the title should be why do people buy puppy who well to young

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 03 2012, 14:57

This really makes me furious there are a couple of post there right now that I am staying away from for fear of losing it with someone who I really shouldn't.

although I think one of them have now changed their minds, phewwww
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 16:06

We're reaping the backlash of over breeding a popular breed. People breed for money & want to get rid of the pups as soon as they start costing them - ie when they are weaned & need feeding/worming etc.

Steve wrote:the title should be why do people buy puppy who well to young

Because very often the pups are in poor condition & they feel sorry for them. For the most part they don't understand the necessity of the pup staying with the litter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 16:42

Steve wrote:the title should be why do people buy puppy who well to young

Well i did address that, it annoys me too. people need to understand you cant just buy pups because you feel sorry for them angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 23:08

I think it's a combination of societys need for instant gratification and some really shady breeders looking to turn a quick profit with the least amount of effort

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Fri Jul 06 2012, 10:44

I saw a few people on here with young pups.

We actually have a friend, and they just got a pup of 5 weeks old. They didn't buy the pup, but the guy the got it from (more like rescued it from) had a litter from a rottweiler x staff cross. He said he is just tired of taking care of the pups and that they are too much hard work. He didn't even bother feeding them decent food when they were starting to ween, he fed them whatever scraps were left from the table.

Our friends, who took the pup, said it was bloated and it was getting worse. They took the pup to a vet for a check-up and deworming and about 5 hours later this little pup pooped out a worm of about 20cm.

I really get annoyed (wrong word, but I feel like swearing banghead ) with people like that. They have reported him to the SPCA - the SPCA cant take away his dogs, but they can force him to have the adults spayed and neutered, which I hope they will do, because he justs lets the "accidental" mating happen, and clearly he has no regard for the well-being of the pups. (.............................. this is all the names I want to call him, but I cant - I might get banned from the forum if I do Smile )

Last edited by Chantel on Fri Jul 06 2012, 10:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was being blond by calling people pups)
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down