What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

+22
Ticklymac
StuW
Gee
Staffymummy
racamoe
patchandbubblesmummy
Keith
Mark
Debi-Monty
PygmyParrot
Taz
andynkirsty
mellymoo26
Lil Cupcake
Girly
Kev13
Rachb26
bullsmommy1
LordLen
Ben
Jackieb
Kathy
26 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) Empty What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 18:12

Right i've done this thread on another site, but the idea is to show photos, or tell others what the pooches had to eat today.

This is mainly for raw feeders, but anyone is welcome to add. It also helps new raw feeders get ideas for meals or to know what things look like Smile

Some of these photos are new, some are from when Harv was a few months old Smile

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) DSCF2650
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) DSCF2656
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) DSCF2738whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) DSCF2617
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) DSCF2784
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) DSCF2781

To be continued.......... Wink

Last edited by ella on Sun Oct 21 2012, 20:12; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) Empty Re: What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 18:48

Wow Ella fab pics thanks who got the head or was it shared
Big Grin

Back to top Go down

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) Empty Re: What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 19:00

It's still in the freezer Smile i have 3 of them but not got round to feeding them yet. There will be loads of photos when i do Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 19:02

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon May 28 2012, 19:57

I'm usually very squeemish with things like this but I have been able to look at your pictures Ella, I think you are curing me thumbs up
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 20:06

great pics glad you didnt put the ikle bunny ones up that you had on fb as they were just little to much for me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 20:20

Haha i have alot worse photos, but didn't think most of you would like them Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon May 28 2012, 20:41

Epic !

Proper food for dogs , only wish I coulda continued with it myself.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 20:52

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue May 29 2012, 17:37

But surely not all in one day. hehehehe. My wife still isn't sure she can handle seeing the squirrels in the freezer 3 weeks. I think I'll just hide them. Your photos do give me great ideas though. Thanks!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 18:02

Well of course not in one day Wink

Haha just tell her to man up Laughing or send them to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLen Thu May 31 2012, 18:15

Nice thread I'm reading all I can find on raw and this thread helps a lot!
LordLen
LordLen
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Peanut
Dog(s) Ages : February 28 2012
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31 2012, 18:19

Great pics. Seen you put a towel down. I take it your dogs do the same as mine then.
Step 1. Take food out of bowl and place on floor
Step 2. Eat food off floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31 2012, 22:56

I don't bother with a towel most of the time only if I'm not feeling lazy Laughing I'm happy for them to eat on the floor!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31 2012, 23:07

I feed Blue in the kitchen where the floor is tiled so doesn't bother me, I just wipe any mess up.
But always found it funny that he won't eat it out of the bowl even if the bowl is raised but will eat it off the floor.
Whats even funnier is I still give it him in the bowl.......tomorrow im going to confuse him and just slap it on the floor Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01 2012, 17:53

Laughing I don't know why I bother with the bowls either!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05 2012, 08:35

Laughing I learnt pretty quick to do that with the eggs. 1st time put it in the bowl. Blue grabbed it took it out and smashed it all over the kitchen cupboards

Geat pics thanks for sharing thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05 2012, 13:36

I've only ever cracked the egg once I give them whole outside to save the mess Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Tue Jun 19 2012, 15:55

The fish is a no-no sick I fact I wouldn't give my dog anything raw yuck lol
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 17:19

And I won't give my boys dog food Wink yuk! Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 17:30

Curious, do you give them the egg shells too? Are they not a bit sharp?

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Tue Jun 19 2012, 17:36

Nor me he won't eat raw or dog food he has cooked Wink not so messy thankfully
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 18:00

Equi wrote:Curious, do you give them the egg shells too? Are they not a bit sharp?

sure do, i give them whole eggs most of the time and they have to crack them and they get the lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 18:01

bullsmommy1 wrote:Nor me he won't eat raw or dog food he has cooked Wink not so messy thankfully

But raw meat is so yummy! take it from me Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 19:46

yuk Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Tue Jun 19 2012, 19:55

No lol I'd probably have a heart attack if I opened a box to see a head lol, Think il stick to steaks and cookd food lol Smile
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 21:52

ella wrote:
Equi wrote:Curious, do you give them the egg shells too? Are they not a bit sharp?

sure do, i give them whole eggs most of the time and they have to crack them and they get the lot

But do they eat the shell? Id give lexi one to see what she did but i would be scared of her eating the shell and doing harm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 23:13

Equi wrote:
ella wrote:

But do they eat the shell? Id give lexi one to see what she did but i would be scared of her eating the shell and doing harm!

The shell is included in everything Wink yes they eat all the shell. Just think that an egg shell is nothing compared to bones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 23:13

bullsmommy1 wrote:No lol I'd probably have a heart attack if I opened a box to see a head lol, Think il stick to steaks and cookd food lol Smile

Raw steak is my favourite food, it's bloody yummy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 18:13

Nom nom trotters for tea

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 181301_10151854826370611_1385822964_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 18:50

Blue loveeees trotters Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 19:02

Smile so do the boys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24 2012, 16:51

Right the boys are now only having 1 meal a day now harv is almost 18 months. They have taken to it well and aren't scrounging for food as much Smile

Anyway today was a little meal but with extra things:

Tripe, raw pigs ear, natural yoghurt, salmon oil, herbs and then their vitamins etc

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 479721_10151860297430611_852648821_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 17:12

Todays:

sprats, lamb mince, whole kidney and lamb spine

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 602561_10151870293680611_2032738623_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 19:08

You always manage to get a great selection. Looks great....lucky dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 20:30

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 21:22

ella wrote:Todays:

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 602561_10151870293680611_2032738623_n

Dempsey will not touch raw fish of any sort! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 21:46

im a veggie and even i can appriciate that lamb!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27 2012, 22:01

Caryll wrote:
ella wrote:Todays:

Dempsey will not touch raw fish of any sort! Sad

the boys adore raw fish Smile

Equi wrote:im a veggie and even i can appriciate that lamb!!

haha Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01 2012, 19:24

Today:

pork spine, mince, half a kidney and sheep tongue

whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 484476_10151880324845611_678826352_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01 2012, 19:32

Where do you get all you raw food from? How much does it cost you /day to feed each dog?
I get Blue's from Landywoods and it works out about 80p per day

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:00

It certainly looks like they have a varied diet for sure, your dogs always so healthy you must be doing it right, well done. Have you ever thought of doing a book on feeding raw ?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02 2012, 16:28

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Where do you get all you raw food from? How much does it cost you /day to feed each dog?
I get Blue's from Landywoods and it works out about 80p per day

I order in bulk from Durham animal feeds and add bits from the butchers and Chinese supermarket. I worked it out altogether to feed both boys is 50p a day

kathytake2 wrote:It certainly looks like they have a varied diet for sure, your dogs always so healthy you must be doing it right, well done. Have you ever thought of doing a book on feeding raw ?

Thanks Big Grin and yes i have thought about it!

Last edited by ella on Wed Jul 04 2012, 21:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02 2012, 17:33

Today was tripe and parts of what was a whole pigs leg i chopped up to make more meals.

Which looked like to start with:
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 320088_10150830739845611_1893074259_n
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 250948_10151886217510611_1178083315_n

And a video Big Grin look at that boys * go Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 19:40

Great video. blue lovessss tripe. I might have another look at DAF. You say 50p each a day or 25p each a day?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 19:44

Well with the amounts it would be 30p for Chance and Harv 20p a day so 50p overall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 20:22

WOW. That is good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 21:39

Aye tis i do buy an awful lot at once though

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:40

Just thought I'd add what Saffy has been eating on raw. Not quite as interesting as Ella's dinners I'm afraid but me and Saf are working on it!

Breakfast: 100g Chicken thigh meat and a sprinkling of green tripe. (plus a little cottage cheese)
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 8e55e28a

Lunch: 200g Fatty beef chunks, a slither of liver and a couple of drops of fish oil.
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 6d07db20

Dinner: 100g Chicken wing and a small meaty thigh bone
whats in the bowl - What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) 8f8389d7

She's getting on very well! We're going to invest in a chest freezer and buy in bulk, but for the mo we're keeping it simple.

Rachb26
Rachb26

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10 2012, 17:11

Yay!!!!!!!!! I love nosing at photos Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next