When will my puppy like.. "fill out"?

4 posters

Go down

When will my puppy like.. "fill out"? Empty When will my puppy like.. "fill out"?

Post by 7643919 Sun Dec 12 2010, 22:15

Hey i have a purebred staffy puppy. And i was wondering what age will her head and body start to fill out and like go fatter or wider... Because her body seems to start to get wider and more muscular but her head is still quite small.

please reply Smile
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

When will my puppy like.. "fill out"? Empty Re: When will my puppy like.. "fill out"?

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12 2010, 22:22

her head will start to fill out when she reaches 12 months and then will fill out completely by the time she is 18 months or maybe a little more, her body may still keep filling out up to the age of 48 months, this is the normal cycle for a purebred staff

Back to top Go down

When will my puppy like.. "fill out"? Empty Re: When will my puppy like.. "fill out"?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13 2010, 10:25

Don't forget of course that a bitch's head will not be as big as a male's, and will always look feminine.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddha-maison Mon Dec 27 2010, 16:39

i agree with caryll, i have a pure bred staff pup whos 13 weeks and his skull is startin to "crack" ever so slightly and you can only tell by feelin the top of his head but my aunts staff bitch was tiny for her age and has only started growin since she was 8 months old and is quite a big girl now and she's nearly 18 mos now Smile hope this helps

buddha-maison
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buddha-Maison
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 27 2010, 19:32

All Staffords grow and develop at different speeda, even though its pure breed, they all differ slightly. The muscles in her head will develop, but in a time and shape that suits your girl Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Mon Dec 27 2010, 19:33

Hey got a quick question when you go to get a pup at 8 weeks how can you tell its a bully ot a tierrer type by looking. And if people can put two pics side my side
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 27 2010, 19:36

Can't help there, mines a rescue mutt so who knows!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 20:07

You often can't I'm afraid. The easiest way is to look at both parents -if they're both bully, the likelihood is the pup will be, likewise for terrier types.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 20:19

Caryll wrote:Don't forget of course that a bitch's head will not be as big as a male's, and will always look feminine.

haha didn't work for my girl, she has a bigger head than all the boys I see! lol

But both her parents were bully type.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 20:26

more like 3 years before fully grown realistically....

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Mon Dec 27 2010, 21:30

Blades mum and are bukly but he isnt a bully. Ive got a terrier staffie but my next one i want a blue bully been looking at pups on internet.
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down