Maya

5 posters

Go down

Maya Empty Maya

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03 2012, 13:26

Who ever owned her before me has really messed that girl up, she is settling in fantastically she's putting on weight she is a completely different dog, my sister has started to see some alarming behaviours when out and about, Maya gets extremely nervous around anyone who isn't white. she's trying to train her not to be but its extremely difficult when they don't see alot of other raced people every day or know any unfortunatly. Pictures to come i promise, I'll have to get my sister on her now she is Staffyx owner.

Last edited by MissRogue on Wed Apr 04 2012, 14:06; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Maya Empty Re: Maya

Post by Kathy Tue Apr 03 2012, 14:50

It sounds like something that just needs time to overcome. Look forward to pictures and welcoming your sister.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03 2012, 15:09

Personally, I dont believe dogs can recognise people by race. They can however pick up on how their owners feel about others and react accordingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Tue Apr 03 2012, 15:17

Some people will take offense to the word 'coloured'. Just to let you know.

Same when I got Troy.

Had ear infection and eye infection. Was skinny and unsolicised so goes NUTS to get to other dogs.

Gee

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04 2012, 01:26

Ty wrote:Personally, I dont believe dogs can recognise people by race. They can however pick up on how their owners feel about others and react accordingly.

None of my family are racist thank you very much
and none of any of our dogs has ever acted this way so into the trash goes your idea.
when myself and my sister were down the vets with Maya we didn't even see this person before Maya shot between our legs started trembling and growling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Apr 04 2012, 05:28

MissRogue wrote:
Ty wrote:Personally, I dont believe dogs can recognise people by race. They can however pick up on how their owners feel about others and react accordingly.

and none of any of our dogs has ever acted this way so into the trash goes your idea.
when myself and my sister were down the vets with Maya we didn't even see this person before Maya shot between our legs started trembling and growling.

I would have not thought so either, I had one dog who was similar to Maya and I had him since he was a pup. I am not a racist and have friends of all races. It was very embarassing when they came over to visit. It got to the point where I just put him in a seperate room, but I was always so embarassed. Sometimes it is just that way. I worked with him and even had a few friends willing to help out, but he never was relaxed around them. It was so weird. However, I highly doubt Lynne was attacking you or your family. Just is very strange as it is defo not normal behavior for any dog I had previously or since. I agree that they pick up on our feelings, but every once in a while you get one with serious quirks.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04 2012, 08:18

MissRogue wrote:

Nowhere do I say anything about being a rascist! Please read carefully and dont jump to conclusions. You dont have Maya's history in any event. My dog can pick up what I feel when a stranger approaches us. Whether I am open, welcoming or apprehensive and will react accordingly. Nothing to do with race!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Wed Apr 04 2012, 12:50

Claire Ty doesnt seem to like black people bumped in to a mate of mine a few months back hes black and Ty went nuts running round me barkin like crazy then hid behind my legs. I have to turn Eastenders off if Ray or Patrick are on the screen he goes mental but Denise and Kim hes fine with them 2 I dont know what it is that sets him off but I have come to the conclusion he doesnt like black men.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Apr 04 2012, 13:05

The owners of Romeos parents were black and when he was a puppy he would make a bee-line for anyone black and want to jump all over them and lick them, it was so embaressing. Even now he's more friendly to black people then people of any other ethnicity.
I don't know where you live but here calling people coloured is very offensive but I apologise if this is a cultural difference.
Our rottweiler was beaten by young men and teenagers and was wary of any males aged about 15-25.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down