Diet advice

Go down

Diet advice Empty Diet advice

Post by s4m Wed Mar 07 2012, 16:57

Hi,

I have not posted for a while but i read up on here most days! im currently trying to give George my 10 month old bully a new barf diet as everything wrong with his skin and mainly his ears points to his diet. I have tried every every commercial complete dry food and although it seems to get a bit better at first it just goes back to normal after a week or two. If i introduce meat to the dry food it is ok for a while but then his ears flare up really badly, tripe seems to make them particularly bad. Last night i went to supermarket and bought loads of veg, chicken wings, legs, beef mince, eggs and natural yoghurt. I spent ages blending all the veg together and putting it all in individual portions with a view to give him one meat meal and one veg meal a day. The meat is not a problem he will eat as much as he can get at (without chewing it at all which is a worry) but he is not interested in the veg. He is an absolute pig in general but if he knows there is chicken about he wont touch anything else. Anyone have any advice as im fed up of not being able to help him. He sheds a lot of hair all the time he smells bad and his skin is always irritated. Is diet the answer? HELP!!

s4m
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Diet advice Empty Re: Diet advice

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07 2012, 17:01

I wouldn't give him a full meal of veg. I doubt very much if he'd enjoy it! What you could do is split the veg into egg cup size portions & give them part frozen - one or two a day in between meals.

This is a good article written by Ella on feeding raw, I don't know if you've seen it?

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t14787-raw-diet

Back to top Go down

Post by s4m Wed Mar 07 2012, 17:15

Thanks for the link! wow what a good thread, wish i had stumbled across tat first! there are so many conflicting opinions online. i will try giving him predominantly meat with fruit and veg inbetween wish i had the freezer space of that person! im hoping this will help with his skin

s4m

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down