Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does?

+13
Summerisle
Gav
Pado
Skullkandi
georgiegem
shakespearesdog
Lizzie
Ben
steve76
jshrew
Kathy
*Karen*
Gee
17 posters

Go down

Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does? Empty Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does?

Post by Gee Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:54

I'll start.

I have Troy walking on a lead and harness very nicely compared to when I first got him, but whatever side of the road he is on, he likes to look at the opposite side and trips me and the GF up. Not to mention his head butts with my shins which is hard like a giant walnut.

After walks he goes crazy rolling on the floor and up against furniture. Is this scent marking or something?

When he see's another dog he constantly looks in their direction and tries to pull in that direction until the dog has left his sight, all the while moaning very loudly! How can I stop this?

On walks, a lot of the time when he is sniffing around and I think he is just being a dog and scent marking etc, he is actually sniffing out food and trying to eat cupcake wrappers, chewing gum and all sorts! The other day I looked down and he was carrying a large cooking apple in his mouth lol.

When going for walks in the morning he shy's away from me trying to put the harness over his head. Once it is actually on he walks very strangely with his butt low to the floor like he is carrying a heavy weight on his back or cowering (very hard to explain).

I'm sure there are some other things that are not coming to mind right now!

Gee
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does? Empty Re: Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:08

welcome to Staffy world Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does? Empty Re: Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does?

Post by *Karen* Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:22

I think they're all a bit bonkers!

Mia tries to run away from her harness even though she loves walks, once it's on she also does the strange low to the ground walk like she is trying to camouflage and go unnoticed!

She also gets really in your face trying to lick you if you sneeze, cough or hum certain sounds!

Her other thing is she likes you to rub her belly, but won't make eye contact when you do it!!

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:39

Annoying = Monty could be flat out on the floor sleeping, then out of the blue, he will get up, walk to the other side of he room and start barking. I ask him what he wants and he barks, looks up ......................... at his box of treats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:49

When Rocky is out for walks he does something like a low crouching down herding kind of thing sometimes when approaching other dogs but not all.

We thought we could put this down to him being part Border Collie as they would herd sheep, obviously. this may not be the case though, as he now is looking more Staffy/Labrador cross. confused
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:57

I know when Ledger wants to go for a walk he climbs up and wraps himself around my shoulders like a scarf proper balances himself so that I can stand up and walk around with him like this (kinda expected him to wriggle the first time I tried but he just relaxes into it) I swear he thinks he is a parrot

He has also started purring he was at it for about 2hrs last night curled up on my lap on the sofa
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 21:59

Growling, barking, at the invisible ghost.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Wed Feb 22 2012, 22:10

marley can't be walked on wood chip, he goes berserk, hopping round, trying to chase each bit that flicks up. he does try to climb on to our shoulder but at around 19kg thats a big no. when we are walking through the park at night if he see's a plant move in the breeze he barks at it. for some reason he wag his tail in his sleep. i'm sure there are other things but these are all i can think of at peresent
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 23:44

Growling in her sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Feb 23 2012, 04:54

Ditto to all the above. Big Grin It's what makes my world go round. My wife says they are going to kill her in the kitchen one day (trying to trip her).
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 08:14

Kenny shys away from his harness, im wondering if they dont feel to comfy. He's fine with his collar, but soon as the harness comes out he glares at me, so i've stopped using it, but find he doesnt pull as hard with the harness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Thu Feb 23 2012, 09:04

Looks like they are all a bit mental haha.

Kenny,

Troy is the same, shy's away from the harness when it is going on, but he walks better on it than a collar and it doesn't bother him at all once it is on.

I leave it on around the house as we go for so many walks and take it off on a night.

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Thu Feb 23 2012, 10:33

Its great to read that other staffs are doing the same strange things Big Grin . Harry does a little token dance around when I go to put his harness on even though he is delighted to be going walkies. He wraps himself around my neck like a scarf when I'm sat in the chair and he wants to persuade me its time to go out.

In fact he does nearly everything mentioned, purrs, stands by treats drawer.

The other thing he does is sulk when I get the laptop out and he goes out to his basket in the kitchen in a huff.

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 10:57

Howling at the couch when she has pushed a toy under it

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Feb 23 2012, 12:40

The other day I looked down and he was carrying a large cooking apple in his mouth lol.

Laughing Thats hilarious!
When going for walks in the morning he shy's away from me trying to put the harness over his head. Once it is actually on he walks very strangely with his butt low to the floor like he is carrying a heavy weight on his back or cowering (very hard to explain).

It sounds like he doesn't like wearing his harness. Romeo loves his harness and all his collars and goes crazy when I bring them out and starts licking them. I think you should try him with a collar or a less heavy material harness. I saw a really nice blue one with a bone pattern on it the other day. It wouldn't suit Romeo but I think it would look great on Troy.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 12:59

Barking at other dogs when they go under a table or try to hide and rest for a minute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 13:48

LOL. This is so funny. Tysons has a lot of the quirks already mentioned. Especial the low crouching herding thing and sleeping on the top of the couch behind my neck.

He also tends to bark at shadows in the 'protective' way and I have to show him that it is just a shadow or a plant to quite him down. He has a hysterical bark when the vacuum comes out. For that matter anything he dont like the sound of.

Runs off with anything of mine of high value when he thinks I am not giving him the attention he deserves. (Remote, Blackberry, hairbrush etc) It is very intentional as he usually ignores theses items.

Back to top Go down

Post by georgiegem Thu Feb 23 2012, 17:48

Heston wiggles his toes in his sleep and sometimes has dreams where he woofs & growls. When i'm having a bath he comes in and props himself up on the side and trys to catch stray bubbles. He is so funny when he gets really excited as he makes these funny talky barks then suddenly takes off in a run like he has lost control of his legs!

Such fantastic dogs with great personalities, he makes me laugh everyday x
georgiegem
georgiegem
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Heston
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Thu Feb 23 2012, 17:58

Farts....=/ Then bites his tail in annoyance if it's particularly bad.
Sings at me...which is a little odd XD And licks my feet if they're salty enough, which is gross XD But I don't mind any of these >D
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Silly / stupid / annoying / crazy things your Staffy does? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Thu Feb 23 2012, 18:04

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 02:35; edited 1 time in total

Pado

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Thu Feb 23 2012, 19:48

Funny *,

Buster for some reason doesnt like the sound of a rustling packet of chrisps, trys to bite his own tail spinning in circules , sprints full pelt at you if you sneeze trys to bite your ears if your sat down. makes a chirping high pich noise like a bird only does it if you dont have a camera handy:( runs in his sleep cracks me up.

Gav
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Buster /Botha
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months /2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male /male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Feb 23 2012, 19:59

i have just been cracking up reading through these again Laughing Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 23:47

Howling like she's being tortured when she hasn't gone to the park or for a walk because it's raining. When we open the door she won't go out

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Fri Feb 24 2012, 03:47

jstaff wrote:Howling at the couch when she has pushed a toy under it

We know that one too well lol. Every night after dinner is when Jimi plays with his toys, he'll always drop them and they roll under the couch, he lays there whining.

Another thing he does is when we get into bed (he sleeps on the bed with us) he'll have an attack of the crazies for a few minutes over our feet under the covers. He goes nuts, biting toes and pushing them with his head. I suspect he may be getting a little worked up when he does this lol.
Summerisle
Summerisle

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Fri Feb 24 2012, 10:06

shakespearesdog wrote:
The other day I looked down and he was carrying a large cooking apple in his mouth lol.

Laughing Thats hilarious!

Yesterday it was banana skin!

It sounds like he doesn't like wearing his harness. Romeo loves his harness and all his collars and goes crazy when I bring them out and starts licking them. I think you should try him with a collar or a less heavy material harness. I saw a really nice blue one with a bone pattern on it the other day. It wouldn't suit Romeo but I think it would look great on Troy.

It doesn't seem to bother him once it is on. He wears it around the house and he doesn't show any signs of discomfort or tries to bite it off etc. It's just putting his head through it he doesn't like.

Some funny things these doggies get up to!

Troy farts all the time..well a little less now with the change of food. He just lays there and trumps as if nothing has happened but if anyone else does it, he looks at them in disgust Laughing

Gee

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 10:41

Vinnie:
Silly- He gambol's on the couch when playing with skye lmao its hilarious

Stupid- He try's to run after birds when on his extendo lead, only to bounce back when he reaches em! I dont want to s lol

Annoying- He is a whinge bag!! lol put him in the kitchen out the way so you can clean the living room and he whistles/cry's doh lol

Crazy- He rolls in fox poop in the middle of the park!!, stops sniffs drops and rolls!! lmao Blushing OR if he finds a rock in the park he pounces on it and barks at it lmao!! Blushing

Skye:
Silly- she does this CUTE little howl thing when shes been silly lol, its adorable! but ya know when she does that soon after your about to be pounced on, shes in her silly mood lol.

Stupid- she has a mad half hour running from the kitchen to the living room and outside if the doors open lol, we have to stop her because the kitchen is laminate and ends up on her side!! she'l hurt herself one day doh

Annoying- She bounces, she can jump so high off her back legs! and when she is hyper she bounces up to give you kisses! doh (working on that lol)

crazy- She does her crazy lil hyper barking/howling thing while burying her head in the couch! hahaha Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by john and sonia Sat Feb 25 2012, 23:01

Leia loves to grab hold of her training pad and rip it to pieces. When we go to take it from her saying "No" she runs off with it and we chase her round the couch to take it off her but she is so fast we cant catch her and end up going round and round the couch like a clip from benny hill and we burst out laughing when we finally get it from her and tell her "No" again she answers us back as if to say "Spoilsports" Laughing
john and sonia
john and sonia

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Leia
Dog(s) Ages : 12 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Sun Feb 26 2012, 10:53

another thing Buster does is growl when his just sat watching tv asif his trying to muster a more frightening noise than his fart in a paper bag growl he has now:)

Gav

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Buster /Botha
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months /2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male /male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Feb 26 2012, 14:37

Milly is the same with the harness she doesnt like wearing it has soon has her eyes meet it she tucks her tail between her legs and when shes evently got it on she walks realy low my oh hates taking her walkies on it because she looks so scared when she is on it Sad
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 01:26

Growling at the vets

Back to top Go down

Post by guiltylouie Tue Feb 28 2012, 11:26

I swear staffies just don't like the harness! My mums staff freaks out about it too, as do my boys! On our usual walk we have to cross a busy road, and if we haven't crossed it by a certain point, Louie will get really anxious and try and pull me across.
Also, when I have both the boys on their leads, if one of them poos, the other will keep trying to walk and pull me. Whilst I'm picking it up, they both pull me. I get in a right tangle Blushing
Louie used to be terrible at jumping up, which was really embarrassing. He's better now but I still get a bit nervous when we see someone at the dog park.
Both the boys also hump most other male dogs.

Tigger has 'funny five minutes' frequently. He'll just run full pelt around the flat and jump on you. Both the boys lick you to death in bed. Louie makes really funny noises whilst he's doing it.
Tigger will whine just for the hell of it. He whines even when he's curled up on you. He's a very challenging little puppy - sometimes if you ask him to sit he'll just bark at you.
There's many more hahaa!
guiltylouie
guiltylouie
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louie/Tigger
Dog Gender(s) : Both lads!
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Thu Mar 01 2012, 21:19

Trouble runs in his sleep u see his legs moving and the barking in his sleep is funny too ...wish i could see the dreams
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 01:57

Stealing food of the counter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down