american bulldog

View previous topic View next topic Go down

american bulldog

Post by Steve on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

does anybody know why it's a not kc regsitered breed?

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff and ensure you know Who`s Who.
Please read the forum rules Click Here.
Would you like advertise on here Click Here to submit your website.
Sign our guestbook Click Here.

Make a donation to help us to keep us improving our forum and website.

Quick Links: l Website l Responsible Ownership l Back Yard Breeders l Spot A Stolen Dog l History l Bloat l  First Aid Kits l Re-Homing Your Staffy l Support Us l List Of Tutorials l How To Become an Moderator? l Contact Us l

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Male
England
Relationship Status: Single
Dogs Name(s): Xena, Sam and Billie
Dog(s) Ages: 11, 8 & 8
Dog Gender(s): 2 Female and 1 male
Support total: 1369
gold (6,000 posts) gold (12,000 posts) gold (18,000 posts) gold (24,000 posts) gold (30,000 posts) gold (36,000 posts) gold (42,000 posts) gold (48,000 posts) gold (54,000 posts) gold (60,000 posts)

View user profile http://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: american bulldog

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 am

niff wrote:what is a good reason for breeing ?? because you have a great dog and bitch and a pup coupld potentially do well in shows ?

or you have a nice dog and bitch that are good examples of the breed and you would like other people to have the pleasure of owning a dog similar to yours?

all this anti breeding preaching bugs the life out of me . yes it is ashame there are people that breed indiscriminatly and that there are shelters full of staffs and what not . But if there was no-one breeding none of us would be on here chatting about our beloved staffys as there would be none .

people on here tried having a go at me last year when dakota had a litter . its laughable . keep the preaching to yourselfs , people come on here looking for advise about there pregnant dog and get attacked by the staffy christians , is the dog health checked , kc reg , blah blah , ive seen it happen ,, what does it matter the dogs pregnant the deeds done , instead of making the person feel like sh&%e give some worthwhile advise on what they ask .
Rant Over

sorry niff but that is out of line, if people ask our opinions on breeding or similar subjects than everyone is intitled to give it. You obviously think breeding is fine which is cool - its your opinion. I seriously dont at the moment with staffs being so serously overbred and so many dieing in rescue and if asked i WILL say what i feel. Im not totally anti breeding full stop but lets be honest anyone who comes on here asking questions about mating and breeding are not proper reputable breeders and therefore dont have the breeds best interests at heart and are not trying to improve it. They are people who's pups will be out of standard probaby crossed and end up in rescue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2011 11:18 am

I think you're both right, and both wrong, if you see what I mean. I think everybody has a right to express their opinion as long as it is done politely & without recriminations. However, I don't think that just because someone isn't a 'big' breeder that they don't have the breed's best interests (or their own dog's) at heart.

If someone comes on here & their bitch is already pregnant & they're asking advice, then no amount of ranting at them that they shouldn't have bred is a waste of time & totally unhelpful. If, however, they come on and ask for opinions about possibly mating their dog/bitch, then you have the right to voice your opinion whether it be for or against.

I do, however, feel that it is right to tell people that they should be health testing - that is for the good of the breed. Not to test is to risk breeding from an affected dog & passing on the health problems to pups and their new owners. Irresponsible!

Whether they register with the KC is surely up to them. They will get a better price for their pups, of course, if they do register, and the prospective owners will get the chance to show their dogs if they so wish.

Back to top Go down

Post by niff on Mon May 16, 2011 11:31 am

blaze wrote:
niff wrote:what is a good reason for breeing ?? because you have a great dog and bitch and a pup coupld potentially do well in shows ?

or you have a nice dog and bitch that are good examples of the breed and you would like other people to have the pleasure of owning a dog similar to yours?

all this anti breeding preaching bugs the life out of me . yes it is ashame there are people that breed indiscriminatly and that there are shelters full of staffs and what not . But if there was no-one breeding none of us would be on here chatting about our beloved staffys as there would be none .

people on here tried having a go at me last year when dakota had a litter . its laughable . keep the preaching to yourselfs , people come on here looking for advise about there pregnant dog and get attacked by the staffy christians , is the dog health checked , kc reg , blah blah , ive seen it happen ,, what does it matter the dogs pregnant the deeds done , instead of making the person feel like sh&%e give some worthwhile advise on what they ask .
Rant Over

sorry niff but that is out of line, if people ask our opinions on breeding or similar subjects than everyone is intitled to give it. You obviously think breeding is fine which is cool - its your opinion. I seriously dont at the moment with staffs being so serously overbred and so many dieing in rescue and if asked i WILL say what i feel. Im not totally anti breeding full stop but lets be honest anyone who comes on here asking questions about mating and breeding are not proper reputable breeders and therefore dont have the breeds best interests at heart and are not trying to improve it. They are people who's pups will be out of standard probaby crossed and end up in rescue.

ok so everyone is entitled to their opinion , but im out of line for giving mine ?

niff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Male
Scotland
Dogs Name(s): Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s): male and female
Support total: 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 am

niff wrote:ok so everyone is entitled to their opinion , but im out of line for giving mine ?

See my post - you're both entitled to voice your opinions! Breeding/neutering will always lead to heated discussions, that can't be helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2011 11:41 am

why has this thread went to a breeding rant it started off with WHY IS THE AM BULL NOT A RECOGNISED BREED come on guys get bacK on track

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2011 11:44 am

bigwazza wrote:why has this thread went to a breeding rant it started off with WHY IS THE AM BULL NOT A RECOGNISED BREED come on guys get bacK on track

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:36 pm

was asked other day by local druggy if i wanted to breed my leo with his pit bitch banghead why oh why.needless to say i sent him on his way..think they see it easier to sell a staffy cross that a pit .
original post ..they aint KC recognised as even in states there are 2 diferent lines of so called american bulldogs,even then the 2 breed types are bred together ,basically their all crossbreeds yet charged at a silly amount of money. i see too many of them locally to me with young hoody types who have moved on from staffies and rotties to this type of dog,wonder what happened to their staffies hmmmm Sad banghead

markeB
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Male
Wales
Dogs Name(s): Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s): Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total: 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm

when people goes around saying they have pit it more like a crossbreed Wink

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff and ensure you know Who`s Who.
Please read the forum rules Click Here.
Would you like advertise on here Click Here to submit your website.
Sign our guestbook Click Here.

Make a donation to help us to keep us improving our forum and website.

Quick Links: l Website l Responsible Ownership l Back Yard Breeders l Spot A Stolen Dog l History l Bloat l  First Aid Kits l Re-Homing Your Staffy l Support Us l List Of Tutorials l How To Become an Moderator? l Contact Us l

Steve

Male
England
Relationship Status: Single
Dogs Name(s): Xena, Sam and Billie
Dog(s) Ages: 11, 8 & 8
Dog Gender(s): 2 Female and 1 male
Support total: 1369
gold (6,000 posts) gold (12,000 posts) gold (18,000 posts) gold (24,000 posts) gold (30,000 posts) gold (36,000 posts) gold (42,000 posts) gold (48,000 posts) gold (54,000 posts) gold (60,000 posts)

View user profile http://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 pm

some of these dogs are huge ,i look at these dudes walking round with them and i think WHY??.saw a girl being dragged across a field by one of these am bulldogs,no control what so ever .

markeB

Male
Wales
Dogs Name(s): Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s): Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total: 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: