runny poo

3 posters

Go down

runny poo Empty runny poo

Post by duggie Thu Jan 05 2012, 15:07

Hi folks

It appears our sasha has a bout of the runs....:S

No sudden changes in food the only diffrence is the flavour we got her duck and rice instead of turkey and rice.
thats the only thing thats changed she has not eaten anything that she should not have as far as i`m aware

other than that she seams her normal happy self nothing else has changed just runny poo is there something i can give her to help her ?

its a nightmare trying to pick up a runny poo lol

duggie
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

runny poo Empty Re: runny poo

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 15:50

i think every dog on here has had the runs lately some have been fine some have been poorly. keep an eye out and make sure she has plenty of water.

Back to top Go down

Post by duggie Thu Jan 05 2012, 16:06

Just of the phone to her vet he said give her some cooked plain rice and either cooked chicken or scrambled egg no dog food today or tomorrow

he said if that dose not clear her up within a day or say he can give her a "paste" not sure what its called but i can only assume its the opposite of a laxitive

She allways has access to water fresh bowl every morning appart from the runs shes just her wee self bounding about playing with the kids

duggie

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 16:29

dogs always eat better than us when theyre not well Laughing our last dog a GSD had the famous GSD tummy and was always getting poorly and so more often than not pete was on beans on toast while the dog got fish, chicken, rice and pasta Laughing ah the sacrifices we make. hope she better soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 20:38

It could be the change of food that's done it - a lot of dogs have intolerances to certain meats. Mine can't eat birds of any kind, so chicken, turkey, duck etc are out! Try giving some rice ormashed potatoe for 24 hours & then if poss go back to the old food & see if that sorts it out.

If you want to finish off the new one, just add a small amount to the food every other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by duggie Mon Jan 09 2012, 09:06

It appears were back to runny poo's Straight Face

after two days of rice and chicken they were back to normal i also got her turkey and rice james well belloved what she was on before i took her out for her walk this morning and she had the runs Sad still as hyper and playfull as ever

i dont know if they have changed anything in the food or if its just her tummy adjusting to being back on dog food and not rice and chicken if it dose no clear up by thursday im going to nip her to the vet

duggie

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Jan 09 2012, 09:21

Rocky had a bout of being sick recently. We gave him a couple of teaspoons of plain natural yogurt each day and this seems to have cleared it up. It maybe worth a try if all else fails.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 13:10

It was most likely the changes in food. Even a different flavor could have different ingredients. It should pass in a few days. If you are going to change food it should be done slowly and gradually over about a weeks time.

Hope she feels better soon

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyAmStaffTerrier Sun Jan 15 2012, 03:29

The dog's tummy might be sensitive to the change of food. Try feeding the dog with pumpkin to stop the runny poo. This is part of my american staffordshire terrier care.

AmyAmStaffTerrier
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down