Stillwell vs Milan

2 posters

Go down

Stillwell vs Milan Empty Stillwell vs Milan

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:36

Im sure it has been done before, but just got new information on this haha. Victoria Stillwell has said about ceasar milan "People see dogs getting kicked on TV by so-called professionals and think it's ok."

So, what do you think?

I personally like them both. I do NOT think Ceasar should do that kicking part and he is a little harsh with the dogs but his methods work, as do Victorias who is fully based on training for a treat and not "natural" training.

Keep it clean lovelys Wink

Back to top Go down

Stillwell vs Milan Empty Re: Stillwell vs Milan

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:42

I think most people on here know my views on Milan. Don't like him.

Equi wrote:I do NOT think Ceasar should do that kicking part and he is a little harsh with the dogs but his methods work, as do Victorias who is fully based on training for a treat and not "natural" training.

I don't think either of them use 'natural' methods. I'm not even sure that there can be a 'natural' way to train a dog. After all, you're getting them to do something for you when they'd probably rather do something else!

Milan's way certainly isn't natural. The kicks, the shock & prong collars in no way can be called 'natural'. Victoria is closer to natural because the dog is happier to do what it's asked, rather than doing it because it's scared or forced to.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 18:43

Thought you where talking about a football match Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:05

Now I'm no big fan of Victoria Stilwell - I've seen a few of her shows and they are okay but not anything inspirational. However her principles for training are way better than Cesar Millan's. (I cannot stand watching the CM shows as the obvious discomfort of the dogs makes me unwell.)

Since this isn't exactly a new topic I went and checked out their websites. Whereas CM is all about himself (even his magazine and website called "Cesar's way") and doesn't refer to any science or research other than himself and his work as a dog groomer VS provides lots of links to research and literature.

Now I appreciate the stuff CM has done for pit bulls and pointing out that dogs need exercise. I don't think he is knowingly causing distress and discomfort to the dogs he's "training". However I find it sad that his lack of knowledge of dogs' language and the long term effect of the trauma he's putting them through not only causes problems for the dogs and owners appearing on his show, but all those out there inspired by his methods and convinced they're okay.
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 19:42

janey wrote:
Thought you where talking about a football match Laughing

Same. rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 20:31

I really like Victoria. She's very sincere and obviously cares about the dogs she works with, but with CM, I always think that he is just thinking about ratings. I much prefer Victoria's methods too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 21:46

I like them both i think they both have good trainning methods but i dont agree with them all but i do prefer cesar i love watching his programmes and think he does alot for dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down