RuckSack

3 posters

Go down

RuckSack Empty RuckSack

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 18:26

I have one for Taz gradually built up the weight over a period of a few weeks. great if you don't have the time for a two hour walk/run tires him out brilliantly. when on days out he carries his own food/water/toys. I got one for Cassie as well which i can start using now she has competly stopped feeding her pups etc. But yeah its a really great product. It give their mnd something to do as well put them into a working mode rather than run/play etc earning their food etc or earning play time.

Back to top Go down

RuckSack Empty Re: RuckSack

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 18:36

Sounds good, I have looked into these a few times as Blue is a very high energy dog and walking 2 hours a day still doesn't knacker him out sometimes. Where did you get it from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 19:01

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Sounds good, I have looked into these a few times as Blue is a very high energy dog and walking 2 hours a day still doesn't knacker him out sometimes. Where did you get it from?

Taz is the same and it made such a difference. I got mine off of ebay.
Sorry its called a backpack
this is the one got for Taz
but there are ots of others.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trixie-Dog-Rucksack-Walking-Backpack-LARGE-Dogs-/390014105791?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item5acea6f8bf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 19:24

Thanks Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 21:20

Hahaha, I got one for Dempsey & by mistake I left it on the chair while I did something else. When I came back it was in shreds!!! Never bothered getting another one, maybe I will one day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 21:37

Lol naughty Dempsey Laughing
Did he drain his energy allot more than a standard walk?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 21:38

Not really, he never seems to get tired till he gets home!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 21:42

Dempsey probably thought I'm sick of carrying her stuff if she wants to take her things with her on a walk she can get a bag that fits her and take it herself Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 21:51

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Dempsey probably thought I'm sick of carrying her stuff if she wants to take her things with her on a walk she can get a bag that fits her and take it herself Big Grin

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Thu Nov 18 2010, 00:33

Think I'll get one for Buster. Are they one-size-fits-all?

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 18 2010, 02:21

whmon wrote:Think I'll get one for Buster. Are they one-size-fits-all?

No there isn't one size fits all though i'd suggest a large for an adult Staff and you can adjust it, better it be too big than too small.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine's mum Sat Jan 01 2011, 20:09

Here's a pic of Jasmine showing off her backpack, she wears it when coming out with me to do my Avon rounds so she carries my mobile and house keys in one pocket and her treats and poop bags in the two pockets on the other side.

RuckSack Jasmine029
Jasmine's mum
Jasmine's mum
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Jasmine
Dog(s) Ages : 3 1/2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 20:47

how adorable!! x

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Sat Jan 01 2011, 20:52

are these good to put weights in them to build the dog up or would adding weight be to much for them if so what would you use for weights.i have looked at these a few times and thought about getting one they look good.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : macks
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 17:50

When i done Avon Taz carried the books from 5 to 15 in each pocket took a while to build it up but he loved it and every time i'd take him he'd behave so well, and since i'v had it and he has it on he walks very proud and he behaves like guid dog. now i just have two bottles of water in each pocket. you can put weights in there but you have to build up to it gradually over a few weeks and make sure its evan each side or the dogs gets uncomfortable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 17:56

Jasmine's mum wrote:Here's a pic of Jasmine showing off her backpack, she wears it when coming out with me to do my Avon rounds so she carries my mobile and house keys in one pocket and her treats and poop bags in the two pockets on the other side.

RuckSack Jasmine029

I'd chuck a bottled water in each pocket as well so the backpack has a little weight so she does tire on walks like what its for, but of course thats upto you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine's mum Sat Jan 08 2011, 21:34

I wont be putting any extra weight in it until she is older, it is not recommended to put weight in them until they have matured as it can cause joint/back problems. As she is only 10 months old then my 2 house keys and phone are plenty for the time being, I only got it while she was young to start getting her used to it.

Backpacks weren't designed just to tire your dog out on walks, they were designed to give them a feeling that they have a job to do making them feel important. It can also help with behavioural problems on walks as the dog goes into 'work mode' and focuses on the backpack and extra weight therefor improving their behaviour while on the lead.

After my research today as I was never sure how much weight to put in them, the guideline seems to be 10-20% of your dogs weight in pounds, but this is also dependent on age and energy level.

So personally until Jasmine reaches 18 months I wont be putting any more than keys & phone in it and even then I will only increase the weight slightly until she reaches 2 then she can start carrying heavier things like bottles of water.
Jasmine's mum
Jasmine's mum

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Jasmine
Dog(s) Ages : 3 1/2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 01:30

Lol sorry i didn't check how old she was but yeah not until she is older. yeah i know makes them feel like they have a job and it calmed Taz down alot. it took me months to build taz's rucksake unto what it is now, now i'll leave until he is atleast 18months until i replace the small bottles with regular size ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum