Dog sitting update

Go down

Dog sitting update Empty Dog sitting update

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20 2011, 21:03

We met up with Endo and his ma and pa at the lake this evening, walked altogether for about 40 minutes and then I walked the two back home where we had a sundowner or three while the boys got on with renewing their friendship.

I walked Tyson this morning and we had done about 20 minutes walking beforehand. Endo was very excited in the beginning and really pulled on his harness. His daddy ran with him for about 1km and then he sort of calmed down. Endo's 'parents' are half my age so I can assure you he will not be run like that while with me. He did pull quite a bit (he has a harness because of his breathing - really battles when tired and hot) but I managed both dogs ok.

When we got home they played non stop for about two hours. Very exhausting for us watching them carefully for any signs of aggression but there was nothing. Interestingly, Endo is intact (13mnths) and, at first tried to mount Ty. However, Tyson started to mount him constantly later on. Any ideas why? (We stopped that behaviour immediately)

I am feeling good about looking after him but will have my work cut out for me. I recon I am going to drop at least 5kg and will not have to worry about holiday weight gain..

Back to top Go down

Dog sitting update Empty Re: Dog sitting update

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20 2011, 21:48

Glad to hear it is coming along well.

Sometimes mounting ("humping") another dog is a way of establishing control, but it is more likely a sign of stress; this often-misunderstood gesture can also be used by a low-confidence dog to try to demonstrate his allegiance with a higher-confidence animal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21 2011, 13:33

One thing Tyson has bucket loads of is confidence. But I can see what you are saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down