my girls keep fighting

3 posters

Go down

my girls keep fighting Empty my girls keep fighting

Post by paul Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:24

hi guys i ve got a huge problem and need advice, ive got two bitches 4 and three years old and had them from 8 weeks old. theve always got on really well. this year the older one kimble, had pups and one by one they all died. just before the last one died kimble and tyler had a huge fight. they both had to go to the vets and that was that . every thing was fine for several months . one night we were woken from an unfogetable noise of the dogs fighting,it must of took me ten mins to seperate them. i had a huge vet bill and they were in a really bad way. since then they have been seperated when iam not there. but to day out of no where they just snapped infront of me in the living room. i managed to break it up in minutes. but this has really up set me . i dont want them to kill each other and cant get rid of one . what can i do. cheers guys paul

paul
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

my girls keep fighting Empty Re: my girls keep fighting

Post by Steve Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:29

sound like it gone to far now i think need to get rid of one or they will end up killing each other Sad you should of got them spade before it came to the fighting stage Sad or had a female and male.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paul Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:31

so getting them spade wont help now ?

paul

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:32

Unfortunately Paul, you are going to have to keep them separated completely when they are alone. A silly squabble over a favourite toy or something like that could turn into a massive fight within seconds. Its a well known fact that same sex dogs can struggle to get along and this can be more common in bitches. Now that they've had a fight, its likely that they'll fight again and if you're not there to stop it, its likely to be a bad, potentially fatal fight for one of them at least. So sorry to hear about the pups, was it an infection? I'm getting a pup next week that is the only survivor of a litter of 7. 2 were stillborn and the other 4 died one after the other due to an infection that caused them heart attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by paul Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:37

yes the infection was in the milk so the last one was hand reard for three days and then sadly it just died ofter a feed , it was horrible , bad times

paul

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:39

it may do or maynot... you of been the pack leader and things like shouldn't been acceptable my 2 females if things get abit out of control i only need to look at them they will stop, you may have crate them both when u go out and go to bed.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:44

I agree with steve. Crating them is a MUST if you want to keep them both. 2 fighting bitches can be alot worse than fighting males. Good luck, and let us know how it goes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 20:45

Re the spaying, at their age, I doubt it would make much difference now. Especially as they've already had a fight. They obviously see each other in a different way now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 21:03

Hi & my girls keep fighting Welcome

Welcome to the staffodshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

my girls keep fighting Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
my girls keep fighting Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
my girls keep fighting Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
my girls keep fighting Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
my girls keep fighting Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 21:11

yeah Paul this is a classic case of dominance and it looks like none of them are going to back down, you will just have to separate them when you're not around, when you are around you will have to show them you are the pack leader and keep an eye on them and look out for the signs of them preparing for a fight and be ready to step in.

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Nov 14 2010, 22:01

wot a dilemer to be in..im not sure wot id if i had to get rid of 1 of my two..
id say now that they have been going at each otheir over a long perid of time it looks like it might have com to a head..

wot about puting some type of muzzil,so at least if they do go for each other,or worse you.they cant bite...
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Nov 14 2010, 22:03

also it might have some thing todo with the loss of the pups...
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 22:07

The thing with bitches is they will hold a grudge - they've had more than one fight now, so it's going to be almost impossible to get them to live in harmony now!

They are also very close in age, so they are no doubt fighting over who is the top bitch in the house.

If you are going to have 2 females or 2 males a good age gap is always advisable

My bitch is 6 and I still wouldn't take on a puppy bitch as I know as soon as the puppy reached maturity she would no longer accept it. However I do have 2 males, one who is 4 years old, very placid and the other is 24 weeks. I have rules in place and the pupy will always be crated when I am not there.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down