Urgent- dog poisoning continues in my local park

4 posters

Go down

Urgent- dog poisoning continues in my local park Empty Urgent- dog poisoning continues in my local park

Post by patsypooch Thu Dec 08 2011, 12:25

I am new to this forum, there is something important regarding the safety of dogs in my local park that you may need to be aware of.

You may have heard about the tragic antifreeze poisonings of dogs in Lyme valley park , Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire over the summer months. Sadly the most recent case was a few weeks ago a beloved border terrier named Foxy had to be put to sleep as she had eaten some food in the park containing antifreeze, I have seen the report from the vet concerning this so I know it is the truth.

Eventhough the council have been urged to act, at the very least to put up notices to protect animals from futher harm, they have refused to act. Bearing this in mind my family and I have decided to present them with a petition in the hope that they will take the matter seriously. We have 110 signatures on the paper version of this petition and the online one was launched yesterday.

I urge you to please read the link below and sign the petiton, help to stop another dog being poisoned before it's too late :-

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-the-poisoning-of-dogs-in-lyme-valley-park/

we need as many signatures as we can get.

Thank you

Ellen J Ford

patsypooch
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Urgent- dog poisoning continues in my local park Empty Re: Urgent- dog poisoning continues in my local park

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 12:30

even though I live in Australia I signed it..people need to be warned about what is happening.... what a horrible way for a loved pet to die... Sad

Back to top Go down

Urgent- dog poisoning continues in my local park Empty Re: Urgent- dog poisoning continues in my local park

Post by patsypooch Thu Dec 08 2011, 12:44

Much appreciated .

patsypooch

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Dec 08 2011, 15:18

Done! What a horrible thing to poison animals!
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by patsypooch Thu Dec 08 2011, 15:18

Thank you

patsypooch

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 15:54

Signed. Let's hope they do something!

Back to top Go down

Post by patsypooch Thu Dec 08 2011, 16:00

Thank you

patsypooch

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Dec 08 2011, 16:35

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/

is the only petition website the goverment will listen too.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 18:19

Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08 2011, 18:22

Steve: there are hundreds on that site. What is the petition detail so I can search?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Dec 08 2011, 18:47

alot of petition websites are made up just to get your email address to sell on that how they make money.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/ <<-- this is the only uk official petition and the petition only needs 100,000 sigatures for the uk goverment talk about it in parliament.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by patsypooch Thu Dec 08 2011, 19:44

Steve wrote:http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/

is the only petition website the goverment will listen too.

Thanks for that, the petition is aimed at the local council, so far its serving its purpose by collecting signatures of interested parties.

patsypooch

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by patsypooch Fri Dec 09 2011, 10:43

Just to update you:-

Some good news- a Local Councillor is preparing to assist with this and present the petiton to the mayor at a full council meeting on Weds 14th December. She says she has spoken with officers and asked them to draft signage, which hopefully they will present her with early next week. It appears the council intend to place these in the park way and in the locality. Fingers crossed.

The council need the petition early next week So I will be downloading the signatures on the online petition on Tuesday(13th December) morning.

Thank you

patsypooch

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 15:06

well that is good news..people need to be warned.. obviously the councillor is a dog lover!

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Tue Dec 13 2011, 18:22

ive signed
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down