FAO Shon - or anyone else who has used a gentle leader

Go down

FAO Shon - or anyone else who has used a gentle leader Empty FAO Shon - or anyone else who has used a gentle leader

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17 2011, 14:39

Ok well ummmmm i havnt walked the dogs yet with them but they arrived this morning and i fitted them on the dogs this afternoon. It didnt go as well as i had planned to say the least. They hated them and Ty got his off (the nose bit) straight away....is this normal? It seems to fit kaos better as he has a slightly longer muzzel, i dont think i can get it any tighter around Ty's nose but it still seems to come off the end of his nose quite easily. How well did it fit charlie? How did he take 2 it? x

Back to top Go down

FAO Shon - or anyone else who has used a gentle leader Empty Re: FAO Shon - or anyone else who has used a gentle leader

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17 2011, 17:06

I use a dogmatic which is similar to the gentle leader on Chance which he HATED the first time i put it on, i've only had it 3 days but he has very much got used to it though. I gave him plenty of treats when i put it on and he left it alone and then went for a walk and tried to avoid stopping and after a couple of times of him trying to get it off he now leaves it and walks lovely on it.

Back to top Go down

FAO Shon - or anyone else who has used a gentle leader Empty Re: FAO Shon - or anyone else who has used a gentle leader

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17 2011, 18:18

Charlie HATED it at first, he went mad! His is for medium size dogs, and the trick is to ake sure its just in front of the eyes, behind the corners of the mouth and tight enough under the muzzle so that you can only slip one finger in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18 2011, 10:40

ok thanks guys! Ella - did u walk both dogs separatley to get them used to it 2 start with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18 2011, 20:30

blaze wrote:ok thanks guys! Ella - did u walk both dogs separatley to get them used to it 2 start with?

Always together even from day one as Harvey walks to heel lovely which did 'rub' off on Chance but the dogmatic has made him walk well almost perfectly now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 13:47

ok well its not going to bad at all.....Walking them on lead is a drem literally my 3 year old could walk them now both together in one hand, its amazing to think i was being dragged down the road last week! Only one problem.....off lead, Kaos is pretty good and is ignoring his nose bit he may have the odd scratch at it but he cant get it off anyway but Ty can get his off and does so when he is off lead every 2 mins i make him come back to me and keep putting it back on and eventually i think he got the jist of it but i just dont think it fits him great his mouth seems to wide if u no what i mean x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 13:57

I take Charlie's off when he's off the lead. Glad it's working well for you, it made an instant improvement for me and Charlie Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 14:12

blaze wrote:Ty can get his off and does so when he is off lead every 2 mins i make him come back to me and keep putting it back on and eventually i think he got the jist of it but i just dont think it fits him great his mouth seems to wide if u no what i mean x

I'd take him out with his collar on as well, and when you let him off lead just remove the gentle leader. Best of both worlds! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 14:15

Chance still wears his harness as well as his dogmatic and i have a lead with a clip at both ends so it's on both, and when he's off lead i just take the head collar off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 14:42

Caryll wrote:
blaze wrote:Ty can get his off and does so when he is off lead every 2 mins i make him come back to me and keep putting it back on and eventually i think he got the jist of it but i just dont think it fits him great his mouth seems to wide if u no what i mean x

I'd take him out with his collar on as well, and when you let him off lead just remove the gentle leader. Best of both worlds! Big Grin

Yep, that's what I do Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 15:57

thats a good idea, i didnt know wether u were suppose to just leave it on all the time and he just had to get used to it. Glad u lot take it off though.....thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 13:40

Just thought id share my joy at being able to walk my dogs again as oposed to them walking me! Im sooo chuffed......we follwed advice and walk them with thier harnesses on as well and take the gentle leader off completley when they are off lead. The difference is unbelievable, its gone from me barely being able to hold them together to my 3 year old walking them across the field with both leads in one hand........!
Its made such a huge difference!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 14:23

Brilliant, so glad for you! applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 15:19

wow well done

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29 2011, 16:26

Brilliant! So glad its worked well for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down