Hand foot and mouth disease - apparently nothing to worry abuot

2 posters

Go down

Hand foot and mouth disease - apparently nothing to worry abuot Empty Hand foot and mouth disease - apparently nothing to worry abuot

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 00:13

My friends child goes to p1 now and his school has had an outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease. this is a viral disease that causes the child to feel unwell and get blisters all ovther their..funnily enough...hands feet and mouth/throat.

Now although this disease is very painful, very infectious, can be deadly to childrean with weaker hearts and brains and can cause DEATH in rare cases, the school didn't even bother to tell the parents about it!

Also i'm a little shocked at some parents views on it, saying it's not serious at all why the big fuss just let them get on with it. Well, i'm not a parent but i wouldn't want to be bringing a viral infection that causes blisters of the hands feet and mouth/throat. Imagine a little baby got it or an elderly lady? It can kill!!

Am i completely overreacting?

Back to top Go down

Hand foot and mouth disease - apparently nothing to worry abuot Empty Re: Hand foot and mouth disease - apparently nothing to worry abuot

Post by janey Thu Oct 27 2011, 00:32

Sorry, but maybe a litttle. Foot and mouth was a disease that didn't really affect the human race. So a few deaths maybe, but in the animal world it was hurrendous. So many farms went under, a lot near me. Lets hope it it is now controled.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Hand foot and mouth disease - apparently nothing to worry abuot Empty Re: Hand foot and mouth disease - apparently nothing to worry abuot

Post by Ben Thu Oct 27 2011, 00:41

Normally here we just get a note home from the school nurse saying they may have been exposed. In an outbreak a few years back, friends of our kids got it but 24hrs of antibiotics took care of it. I would say from a liability standpoint it is strange, but probably not any worse than being exposed to an outbreak of bird flu or other like viruses. Normally kids would be ok (with exception of ones with medical issues already).
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 00:48

Janey, hand foot and mouth isnt like foot and mouth..

Yeah maybe overreacting but this school didnt even send a note home! My friend has a baby at home and her son could have infected him and hes too young to know if he feels unwell so if she didnt know about this infection she would have been at her wits end!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Oct 27 2011, 02:26

I do think it is more dangerous for the babies. Good thing they didn't get it!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down