Anybody here believe in ghosts?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody here believe in ghosts? Empty Anybody here believe in ghosts?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 10:34

Bandit always had a really distinctive 'smell'. It was like a cross between sweaty feet & wet dog sometimes.

Yesterday, while I preparing Dempsey's dinner (not difficult - raw tripe & a bone!) I caught the smell. I thought, that's weird. Didn't take too much notice.

Then, out of the corner of my eye I was sure I saw Bandit run behind me. I spun round but there was nothing there. But I was SURE I saw something & it sure as hell wasn't Dempsey - he was in the other room with my OH.

Back to top Go down

Anybody here believe in ghosts? Empty Re: Anybody here believe in ghosts?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 10:42

I'm in the 'I'll believe it only if I see it' camp. I dont believe in ghosts cos I've never seen one. My mum has said she's seen loads. If Bandit is running around yr home, he's obviously looking out for you which can only be a good thing. If you're smelling his smell, and catching him in the corner of your eye, maybe he really is there, just checking up on things and making sure Dempsey is being good for you. I'm sure its a very comforting thought for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 10:43

And if ghosts can smell, I bet he caught the scent of the tripe and bone and wanted his share!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31 2010, 10:46

hope you told him to get back to rainbow bridge

but no i deff think spirits can come back and visit
when i lose things i allways ask were my dad has hid them and in a couple of days they turn up in a place iv looked Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Oct 31 2010, 11:27

Smile NO were I work there is supposed to be unexplained things going on but ive never seen anything .
Some have even felt like they have been touched not me must not like me or its the imagination running away with them
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Nov 01 2010, 21:12

I totally believe in them my mum seen one in my room and she was a none believer till this how nice is it to think he came back to see u he i obviously watching over u
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 21:14

I've always believed in something. If every living creature has a soul, and that soul leaves the body at death, then maybe it can stay around the earth for a while? Or even pop back from time to time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 23:24

yep i do believe in ghosts haven't met one yet though, nail biting

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Tue Nov 02 2010, 00:18

Carryll- i do, well in signs anyway, i was waiting at the bus stop 1 day( i only have public transport) when i was looking at the clouds and something told me to look to my left and there was a cloud with Nitro's face in it(the avatar pic to be exact), i tried to take a photo of it but nothing came out, i contacted my friend Sue in New York who is a spirtulist(she crossed Nitro over the rainbow bridge after he stuck around for 3 days to check i didn't do anything stupid, he was crossed over on Halloween, that's my boy born on Friday the 13th crossed over on Halloween)and told her about it and she said it was him, he was saying Hi and letting me know that he's watching over me and the photo didn't turn out becasue it was for me only, no-one else. Still to this day i have little Nitro reminders, and both Mia & Harley are always looking at something i can't see, and when i ask if it is their bigbrother come for a visit i get wagging tails and kisses.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Anybody here believe in ghosts? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 08:12

Caryll your asking someone who believes Liverpool will win the prem title one day so ghosts are an every day thing like blinking to me.
But on a serious note I like to think so and I think it's sweet that he looks over you Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 10:22

HazelJ wrote: Still to this day i have little Nitro reminders, and both Mia & Harley are always looking at something i can't see, and when i ask if it is their bigbrother come for a visit i get wagging tails and kisses.

Dempsey's often looking to the side of my OH (Bandit was always closest to him) with his ears pricked & tail rigid as tho there's another dog there!

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Caryll your asking someone who believes Liverpool will win the prem title one day so ghosts are an every day thing like blinking to me.
But on a serious note I like to think so and I think it's sweet that he looks over you Love Struck

Know how you feel - my son thinks Liverpool will win the Premiership too! You'll never walk alone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 12:11

Im a total believer in ghosts.I have 2 ghost hunt events that im going to soon.One this month,and one next may at dudley castle Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 13:14

Lisa wrote:Im a total believer in ghosts.I have 2 ghost hunt events that im going to soon.One this month,and one next may at dudley castle Big Grin

im a beleiver in ghosts but dont think i would do this as i dont think it good to mess with stranger spirits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 13:22

I must addmitt i dont believe in ghosts at all but ive never had reason to think there was anything else there.....My hubby on the other hand swears he has seen the ghost or spirit or whatever of his nan shortly after she died and will argue his case till he's blue in the face. I think its quite a personal subject and to truely believe u have to of had a experience of that sort. If u havent had an experience its hard to believe! x

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Fri Nov 05 2010, 22:25

When I was a child I lived in a very old house (200 years old) When I was 10 years old I sat on the bottom of the stairs with a friend and a jug full of frogs we had collected from the local pond. It was during the school Summer holidays it was bright and sunny and daytime. There were no shadows, we were opposite the front door which was fully open and behind us (up the stairs) was a window. Up the stairs from us was a landing with an archway leading to a hallway and a bathroom (and the BIG window)

We were concentrating on keeping the frogs in the jug when we felt as if our heads were physically turned around to face up the stairs behind us. At the top of the stairs, outside of the bathroom door there was a nun. It lasted for about 10 seconds then we were released. We kept saying 'what did you see?' 'did you see what I saw?'etc.

About 3 years after that my parents finished off paying the mortgage and received the Deeds for the house.We discovered that in the 1920's the house had belonged to the chuch and was used as a convent. 10 nuns had lived there.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06 2010, 10:15

Driving past an old house on the top deck of a double-decker bus at night I saw a nun. You know, one of those nuns who completely covers up - longdress, wimple etc.

Next day I looked the place up & saw that it was, in fact, a convent. Nothing sinister there. BUT when I went past there in the day, the place where the nun had gone thru a door was in fact a wall.

I knocked on the door (I'm like that, really nosey) & when a nun answered she was dressed in a knee length skirt & cardigan with a little headress thing on top of her head, nothing like the nun I'd seen. When I mentioned this to her, she said that it had been a convent way back before the dissolution of the monasteries & they often 'saw' one of the old nuns walking in the grounds. She always disappeared thru a wall, where during the 15th century there used to be an archway....................

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06 2010, 10:44

Oo spooky! Maybe there really are ghosts out there then. I'm still yet to see one. If I did, i'd probably pass out or something anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby&Me Tue Nov 09 2010, 14:48

I really want to beleive, like REALLY!
My nanna died 4 days before my wedding, and we was really really close, she promiced she would come and see me if ever she died. But she didnt :'( . On the night before my wedding me and the kids were at my mums, mum and dad had gone out to see the family that traveled down from Derby for the wedding, and we stayed in. We went to bed, and i couldnt sleep, i think maybe i had alot on my mind (i was and still am extreemly heart broken over my nanna, and i was nervous about the next day.) I spose i had been laying there a while ehen i felt this realy calm sensation, almost like nanny was there (im welling up writing this).
Ive been on ghost hunts/walks and never seen anything, but i think i want to so much it just wont happen. I'd like to think my beautiful nanna is with me all the time, maybe im just living in hope :-\ xxxxx
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Anybody here believe in ghosts? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 15:36

I've had several 'encounters'. Some more 'real' than others. I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Thu Nov 11 2010, 19:29

Ruby&amp;Me wrote:I really want to beleive, like REALLY!
My nanna died 4 days before my wedding, and we was really really close, she promiced she would come and see me if ever she died. But she didnt :'( . On the night before my wedding me and the kids were at my mums, mum and dad had gone out to see the family that traveled down from Derby for the wedding, and we stayed in. We went to bed, and i couldnt sleep, i think maybe i had alot on my mind (i was and still am extreemly heart broken over my nanna, and i was nervous about the next day.) I spose i had been laying there a while ehen i felt this realy calm sensation, almost like nanny was there (im welling up writing this).
Ive been on ghost hunts/walks and never seen anything, but i think i want to so much it just wont happen. I'd like to think my beautiful nanna is with me all the time, maybe im just living in hope :-\ xxxxx

Some time after my own Nana died I was decorating, suddenly I felt as if she had stepped through me and I had to come down from the ladder. I felt her joy and I knew it was her, it was her own brand of joy

A few years before after my JRT had died a similar thing happened. This time it was in a dream, I dreamt I was in my dog's head, and he was racing around in a field. I felt pure joy. When I awoke I strongly felt as if it had been him, letting me know he was ok. That dog and I had been very close, closer than most humans can be. He had been badly treated when I rescued him aged 18 months and he lived until the age of 17, for the first few years it was just him and me living together.

Both of those 2 beings, my Nana and my JRT were my whole life. Both sent me their joy to let me know they were happy. The feeling of joy was different for each of them, it was 'distinct' and has made me believe that there is another life that we go on to after this one.

Last edited by whmon on Thu Nov 11 2010, 21:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rose wine)

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down